1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

ARE THERE ANY "CORRUPT" ENGLISH VERSIONS

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by ArcticBound, Dec 16, 2003.

1. TC

TC Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Context Context Context

I don't need to check pagan myths. They don't mean nothin to me.

2. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

Most importantly, the doctrine doesn't change. It is quite clear when you read the verses that Spirit and Truth places in question that the gospel truth comes shining through - the Truth of Jesus Christ. To me, that's the most important thing.

3. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

quote:

Well, maybe you can put me in touch with my local Satanists and Wiccans, all of whom are following a syncretic religion with its roots in the late Victorian era, or later.

S&T:

I guess there is no need to contact them anyway. They didn't quote the bible. The "translator" of the message quoted a phrase that they use in their "faith", and put it into the mouth of Jesus. I am sure that it is no issue for them. They may even like it.

Have no appearance ...

4. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    No comment about Satanism and Wiccanism being recent developments and not entitled to use "Christian" symbols in their bogus attempt to pass themselves off as "ancient" religions?

5. Spirit and Truth

Spirit and Truth New Member

quote:

No comment about Satanism and Wiccanism being recent developments and not entitled to use "Christian" symbols in their bogus attempt to pass themselves off as "ancient" religions?

S&T:

Wiccans are druid wanna be's. That "religion" [ celts / druids] is actually quite old.

6. ScottEmerson

ScottEmerson Active Member

It's not an issue for the vast majority of believers who read it. The translator used an accurate idiom for the Greek idiom, and just because some clueless individuals may say a similar phrase does not take away from the power of the Scriptures. I'm certainly not going to give them that power, nor am I going to dissuade unbelievers from reading what can be considered to be the most readable version of the Bible because of what some wackos say every now and then.

Just my two cents.