1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are there prophets today? Open or closed Canon?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Aug 13, 2017.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The short answer is no because the Canon has been closed. But how would you debate with someone that disagrees? I can point you to Jude 3 but thats about all the scripture I have to say the Canon has been closed.

2. blessedwife318

blessedwife318 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Before one can argue that the Canon is closed they must live and act like the Canon is closed, meaning they can make a theological argument from the Bible and not run to other books and insist that people must read those books to understand their theological argument.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NO.

Closed.

HankD

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Dr.Mychalson

Dr.Mychalson Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now if we can only prove to the Pentecostals and Charismatics that there are NO Prophets or Apostles...

And I agree the Canon is closed...

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was actually chatting with a Mormon and she believes in prophets.

6. Dr.Mychalson

Dr.Mychalson Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Mormons are a cult. They deny the Trinity. Salvation is based on works. They use a modified KJV Bible with additional verses. I would not go to Mormons for the truth.

You ever wonder. The Mormons have extra biblical revelations, therefore, they have the Book of Mormon. Joseph Smith needed the Golden plates to write this new Bible down. Afterward, the plates were returned and the Book of Mormon published. Over time there have been hundreds of changes and corrections. Want to explain to me how they did that without the Golden plates?

7. evangelist6589

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was actually witnessing to her and stumped her in my arguments that she did not address them. The Book of Mormon stole some 27,000 verses from the KJV, lacks good archaeological evidences, does not teach many of today's Mormon doctrines, and has had more than 3,000 changes to it from its original version to present. She was speechless.