1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are There Such as "carnal" Christians?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JesusFan, Sep 29, 2011.

1. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

One could say the same thing about men like Paul Washer. Some of his messages may be good on the surface. But much of what he believes I would never recommend to my people. The same would go for MacArthur and Piper.

2. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

You remind me of how satan does things. He accuses people of doing and saying things they do not say or do. I have never said anyone has to be sinless to be a Christian.

#42 freeatlast, Oct 1, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Dead churches need to hear the truth. Stop holding back the truth.

#43 freeatlast, Oct 1, 2011
  4. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

:thumbsup:

And the people among DHK aren't "his" in the first place. They're the Lord's, not "his."

Is he responsible for them? Yep. Are they "his"? Absolutely not.

Also, to lay a charge on Washer that his messages are not sent by God or are false? Let the Lord judge that indictment on DHK. This is a premature and foolish charge.

#44 preacher4truth, Oct 1, 2011
  5. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Yes I agree. When I hear some leader or Pastor refer to a church as "MY CHURCH or MY PEOPLE," I know they are in serious trouble. Not trying to be smart here. Sometimes we just need to wake up and see what we are really doing.

#45 freeatlast, Oct 1, 2011
  6. preacher4truth

Yep. :thumbsup:

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen. (1 Timothy 6:20-21)

"Timothy's Church" was the one at Ephesus. He was responsible for feeding them the precious Word of God. He was their shepherd. He was to avoid the profane and vain babblings which some professing Christians have preached and in doing so have erred from the faith.

He was not to bring "into his pulpit" those who would preach any false doctrine no matter if it stirred them up or not. Remember, the church at Ephesus was "his church," and the people were "his people," for the Lord had put him in charge, and some day he would give account for them.

When on this board there are some that deny that Christ did not ascend physically into heaven; deny the Second Coming of Christ; deny the resurrection body; assert that all future prophecies have been fulfilled, etc., would I allow such a one to preach in my church? Never! IMO, that is false doctrine.

But so is Lordship Salvation, the doctrine of "Carnal Christians," so to speak; and many of the other off-the-wall doctrines of Paul Washer. Let me ask you: Would you have a good old dyed-in-the-wool Baptist like Peter Ruckman preach in your church? Why not?
    You don't agree with the doctrine, correct?
    Likewise. I don't agree with the doctrine.
    How can two walk together unless they be agreed.

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

There is nothing premature and nothing foolish. It is the Lord that has put me in charge of my flock; not you. So take your fingers back and point them at yourself instead.

9. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I have never heard of Peter Ruckman. No place in the bible does it say that is we confess Jesus as Savior we will be saved, but it does say if we confess Him as Lord we will yet you say you deny the teaching. Like I said your church (not the Lord's) is in serious trouble.

10. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

For I know this, that after my departing shall grievous wolves enter in among you, not sparing the flock. Also of your own selves shall men arise, speaking perverse things, to draw away disciples after them. Therefore watch, and remember, that by the space of three years I ceased not to warn every one night and day with tears. (Acts 20:29-31)

According to you both Paul and the Ephesian Church were in serious trouble.
    But you don't have that problem because you just allow anyone to teach you.

11. beameup

beameup Member

I believe that Ruckman would say that we are in the Laodicean Church Age.

This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
    For men shall be lovers of their own selves
    -- Self-Directed, Ego-Directed, ie: "Carnal"
    Having a form of godliness, but denying the power thereof -- Not Spirit-Directed, ie: not Spiritual
    2 Tim 3:1,2a,5a

Timothy's Church a half-century later... Rev. 2
    thou hast left thy first love

The Rapture is not far away...

12. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Revmac,

Why are you saying I said this...sinless perfection...when what i said was this:?????
    Did you mis-read my post?

13. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Do you have a web-site where we can hear your preaching?

For now ...I might prefer to listen to Washer ,macarthur, and others...they are proven men used of God.:thumbs::thumbs:

I do not agree with JohnM on his endtime view....but both these men are very solid on Jesus as Lord!

I know those with antinomian tendencies recoil from these truths these men preach.

14. preacher4truth

They're not your flock. They're His. Jesus told Peter to feed His sheep.

They weren't Peters. They aren't yours. Period.

Point your fingers at yourself, you're clearly in error again.

15. preacher4truth

Yes. I would like to hear him myself. Yes, a seeming antinomian theology does recoil at this, you are correct. The preaching of the above (Washer &c) tends to dismantle the overly-simplistic superficial and cursory theologies out there in the world.

Not certain, but I'd say DHK is of the fundy variety. Anyhow, he reminds me of that.

16. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

I am not sure what you are refering to but if you have paterned a church after the Ephesian church then it is in trouble.
    Nevertheless I have [somewhat] against thee, because thou hast left thy first love.
    Remember therefore from whence thou art fallen, and repent, and do the first works; or else I will come unto thee quickly, and will remove thy candlestick out of his place, except thou repent.

#56 freeatlast, Oct 2, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
  17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

I sense some veiled personal attacks. Stay away from them.
    I am simply saying this: In every NT book every writer has warned against those who would bring false doctrine or admit false teachers into their presence. We are warned very strongly about this. As Shepherds over the flock we have a responsibility before God to feed and protect the sheep. If you do not agree with what I have just said, you disagree with most of the NT.

18. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

If you follow closely the theology of the some of the ones I have mentioned their theology ends in antinomianism.

19. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You obviously haven't read Acts 20:14-31 very carefully. Local churches are entrusted to pastors. They are the undershepherds and someday will give account to the Great Shepherd for those given to their trust.

20. preacher4truth

No need for the slight about not reading a passage as it is unecessary behavior for a believer.

Obviously you over-look what the Lord told Peter; they are His sheep.

Those given to their trust are His, not yours. :)

Thus, no matter how many proof-texts you use, you're still incorrect.