1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Are we alone in the universe? Did God create parallel worlds?

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by evangelist6589, Nov 17, 2013.

1. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

As far- as Extra-terrestrial life, the Drake Equation is an interesting probabilistic equation for calculating a predictive value of the chance of ET.

The Drake equation is:

N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L

where:

N = the number of civilizations in our galaxy with which radio-communication might be possible (i.e. which are on our current past light cone);
    and
    R* = the average rate of star formation in our galaxy
    fp = the fraction of those stars that have planets
    ne = the average number of planets that can potentially support life per star that has planets
    fl = the fraction of planets that could support life that actually develop life at some point
    fi = the fraction of planets with life that actually go on to develop intelligent life (civilizations)
    fc = the fraction of civilizations that develop a technology that releases detectable signs of their existence into space
    L = the length of time for which such civilizations release detectable signals into space[8]

2. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Only those who snuck in from Louisiana!

3. Winman

Winman Active Member

I do not believe there are other "men" in the universe.

Gen 3:20 And Adam called his wife's name Eve; because she was the mother of all living.

This verse cannot be saying that Eve is the mother of all living creatures, because animals and sea-life are living. So, this verse is speaking of men.

Of course there are angels, and they might inhabit space, who knows?

I have personally seen UFOs several times, and I believe they are spiritual in nature. They can break our laws of physics, so they seem not to be bound by natural laws.

I personally believe these objects are part of a deception to turn people away from believing the Bible, and especially the Genesis account. There are many people who believe we were put here on Earth by UFOs thousands of years ago. Some folks take this very seriously.

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    true, as the Lord created manking unique in His own image, and we are the only "race" of persons to to be in heaven mentioned in the Bible!