1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are We (Ameican people) The Enemy Of Our Government?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by poncho, May 19, 2004.

1. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

In another thread on this forum I have said that I believe We The People are sovereign...now I am not so sure.

To understand why I am re-thinking my position on this subject you should take a look at this first.

War Powers In America Today

If nothing else is it an interesting article to read and opens up more questions in my mind as my role as an American today.

What do you have to say on this?

2. Bartimaeus

Bartimaeus New Member

I think the War Powers Act was a mistake. I opened Pandora's Box and gave an "out" for the president to be able to circumvent congressional authority and accountablily. It is a nemesis that we have yet to see the end of.
    Thanks ------Bart "the dueling society was a polite society"

3. Jailminister

Jailminister New Member

It does remove "We the people".

4. JeffM

JeffM New Member

I have no question in my mind that the US government has become a self-serving entity and we the people are it's slaves.

Many things contributed to this over the years, but the income tax is what gave the government is unbridled power over our lives and to do what it pleases in the world.

We essentially live on Uncle Sam's Plantation as economic slaves.

Gone are the days of each American citizen being a king among kings, soveriegn among soveriegns.

We are now nothing more that an ant working for the good of the colony an it's queen. Individualism is gone and with it goes our individual rights.

I had a problem with President Bush not getting a formal Declaration of War from Congress before liberating Iraq. Resolutions just don't cut it in my book, especially since the government has a Constitution to abide by. Why must we as citizens follow the laws of the land, but when we become part of the government we get to become lawless? Are we still not citizens?

5. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

After I started reading the War Powers Today, it made it easier for me to understand why we are losing our freedoms today. I'm trying to keep an open mind about all this, yet, I smell a rat.

Don't know about all of you but I resent being reguarded as "chattel", lied to and robbed.

Documentary, 911 The Road To Tyranny

Is this what it leads too?

6. ZeroTX

ZeroTX Member
    Site Supporter

Stock up on guns & ammo while it's still legal.

-Michael