1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are we followers or believers???

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by I Am Blessed 24, Feb 4, 2004.

1. I Am Blessed 24

I Am Blessed 24 Active Member

I find it hard to believe that, on a board of this size, everyone follows Christ to a T, 24/7...

Yes, that is God's perfect will for our lives, but to say that a 'babe in Christ' even KNOWS how to do that is a falst statement.

Following Christ is not instantaneous. It is a process and God convicts each of us at different levels in our walk.

I am a believer, I follow Christ as He shows me where I need to go. This does not happen overnight.

When I got saved, I was a true believer (still am), but as a new Christian, coming out of the RCC, I did not even know what following Christ meant. I had to get into the Word and find out what was required of me (not for salvation) but to lead a spirt-filled life.

We don't 'die to self' all at once. That too, is a process. We are to strive for perfection; but none of us will reach that state until we meet Him 'face to face'.

JMHO,
    §ue

2. David Mark

David Mark New Member

Well said Sue.

[​IMG]

Dave

3. Watchman

Watchman New Member

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Anyone who follows this thread should also examine the others that are going that also deal with this issue.

This stuff is guilt trip all the way.

Preacher stands up and says that not all believers are followers. That is ridiculous.

Check this out:

Matthew 16:24-26

24 Then Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone wishes to come after Me, he must deny himself, and take up his cross and follow Me.

25 For whoever wishes to save his life will lose it; but whoever loses his life for My sake will find it.

26 For what will it profit a man if he gains the whole world and forfeits his soul? Or what will a man give in exchange for his soul?

Note that according to Christ, not following him is the same as choosing the world over him and losing your soul. Lets mix in a little scripture folks.

5. David Mark

David Mark New Member

I agree. This teaching has the ability of getting in the way of:

Be of good cheer.
    Rejoice always.
    In everything give thanks.
    Pray without ceasing.
    Do not worry, do not be anxious for anything.
    Take my yoke apon you, for I am meek and lowley of heart and I will bring rest unto your souls.
    There is more that this teaching threatens also.

The yoke of the Lord brings rest and hope, the yoke of man brings unrest and no hope.

Dave