1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

are we generating a false revival?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by nodak, Oct 23, 2010.

1. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

From my observations, such whooping, hollering, etc. are not the result of being in the Spirit, but a means of "getting in the Spirit". This is what I would consider emotionalism.

2. ituttut

ituttut New Member

Some do have this trait; some do not.

I watched the baseball World Series last night. The Giants won, and their emotionalism was outstanding. But it was only after the complete victory to end it all.

They did not do such a thing after a loss, or after one victory. This year they beat the Rangers. The National League beat the best that the American Baseball League had. They celebrated because it was ALL Over. Had they put all their energy, thought, and heart into every inning, stopping to celebrate, they would have surely lost.

We are in a WAR, and one victory, regardless of the number should ot bring about emptying of the vessel. If the Vessel is empty at the end, how can the vessel contain what has already been emptied?