1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are we promised a place and position within The Godhead Itself?

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by S.k.y, Aug 24, 2003.

1. BrianT

BrianT New Member

I asked several Catholics about that exact paragraph. They assured me that it's not saying it in the "new age" sense, though one agreed the wording of the Cathechism here "sounds a bit over-enthusiastic". [​IMG]

John 10:24/Psa 82:6 comes to mind.

Brian

2. S.k.y

S.k.y New Member

Thank you. And, yes, there are many passages that raise eyebrows in this respect.

3. S.k.y

S.k.y New Member

Christ said "I am in the Father and the Father is In me". This did not make Christ the Father, nor did it make the Father the Son. Each person of the Godhead remains distinct in this instance, just as we will. The context is a spiritual oneness that is not about actually becoming one or the other, but in spiritual unity.

This reasoning would easily come from a Oneness believer, but I can't see how a trinitarian can not see the distinction between the Father and Son as relevant. In order to beleive that we become gods, or part of the Godhead, you would have to then suggest that Jesus IS the Father and the Father IS the Son. This would not allow for any distinction of person.

~Lorelei
    </font>[/QUOTE]I don't know about some of the terms you are using though there is definitely a difference between The Father, The Son, The Holy Spirit and His children, us, the sons of God. A son can never equal his father nor be his father but he is nonetheless in his father just as his father is in him and he always has access to where his father is. And that, in this case, just happens to be within The Godhead Itself.

How far into the light must one go to be in the light?

4. S.k.y

S.k.y New Member

If we are partakers of the divine nature where does that place us?

Are the terms, 'Divine nature of Jesus' and 'Jesus, God's Glory' synonymous?

"And the glory which thou gavest me I have given them; that they may be one, even as we are one"-John 17:22

John 17:24, "Father, I will that they also, whom thou hast given me, be with me where I am; that they may behold my glory, which thou hast given me: for thou lovedst me before the foundation of the world."

is "where", in this instance, a "who"?

Where are we?