1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you a Cold War Vet?

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Salty, Jul 26, 2013.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    If so - come join us on Facebook
    Cold War Veteran Page Mission Statement.

Vets who served during the Cold War 1946-1991
    The mission of the Cold War Veterans Page is to:
    (1) To fight for the rights of Cold War Veterans;
    (2) To discuss why the Cold War was fought and won .
    (3) To provide a fraternal community for men and women whose service in the Cold War; to include the Hot Wars of Korea, Vietnam, Grenada, Lebanon and Panama that binds them together.

Cold War Veterans Goals
    (1) Build sustainable networks of outreach to the less fortunate Cold War Veterans in order to assist them in obtaining needed social services.
    (2) Ensure access to quality VA health care for honorably discharged Cold War Veterans.
    (3) Eliminate discriminatory treatment of Cold War Veterans by governmental entities and fellow Veterans' Service Organizations.
    (4) Sustain the continued growth of the Cold War Veterans.
    (5) Continue to lobby for the creation of a Cold War Victory Medal for eligible Veterans of the Cold War.
    (6) What this page is not.
    NOT A PAGE OR FORUM FOR YOUR PERSONAL POLITICAL IDEOLOGY, RELIGIOUS BELIEFS, WHAT YOU SAW ON THE NEWS LAST NIGHT, CURRENT OR PAST EVENTS THAT ARE NOT RELATED TO THE COLD WAR. HOW CUTE YOUR DOG IS, OR A PLACE TO SELL SHOES. CONTENT THAT VIOLATES THE GROUP MISSION STATEMENT WILL BE DELETED.

2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

I was a Cold War vet. I was stationed only about 200 miles away when the Warsaw Pact forces invaded Prague in the 1960's.

I was given a Certificate of Recognition for my service during the Cold War era.

3. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a Cold War Vet and was stationed in Germany when the Berlin Wall was built. Our mission was to take over Communications for three days for the 7th Army if war broke out. The rest of the battalion was to immediately retreat to France. After three days they were to take over communications from the company I was in and if any of us had managed to stay alive we were to try to join them in France. I figured "fat chance".