1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you a fan or a follower?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by milby, Apr 19, 2012.

1. milby

milby Member

I'm currently reading a book titled "Not a Fan. Becoming a completely committed follower of Jesus". By Kyle Idleman

This is one of the BEST books I have ever read. I am thinking of buying several and passing them out to members of my church. I wish I could make them all read it.

I would love to hear thoughts from anyone on here that has read the book.

2. milby

milby Member

Seriously, if you haven't read this book you need to. Beware though, it will convict you. Maybe thats why no one on here has read it.

3. drfuss

drfuss New Member

I read the book a few months ago. It is a good book and I would recommend it. As I recall, the book stresses our relationship with Christ rather than following the rules that have developed over the years for showing that we are good Christians. This relationship with Christ is what is the really important part of our Christain life; rather than serving Christ to demonstrate that we are really Christians which I have seen way too much emphasis on in my church (IMO).