1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you a hypocrite?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by Twizzler, Dec 18, 2002.

1. Wisdom Seeker

Wisdom Seeker New Member

No one is as perfect as God wants them to be...we are not meant to be perfect...but if you are feeling convicted about something you feel is against God's wishes that you are knowingly doing...that is sin...and a rebellious spirit...and you should decide not to be rebellious against what you believe to be God's will for your life.

Another of Satan's most powerful tools is self-doubt and fear. Next time you feel that way you might try saying something out loud that my granmother used to say in my presence when she felt the push and pull of Satan..."Get thee behind me Satan" and then she would laugh. She knew who had the real power.
    [​IMG]

[ December 23, 2002, 08:42 PM: Message edited by: WisdomSeeker ]

2. SaggyWoman

SaggyWoman Active Member

okay, as I took this poll, I came to realize that I wondered how smoking and drinking and cursing are hobbies.

Really.

To the Polls forum!!!

3. blush

blush New Member

i'd only find these things hypocritical if you SAID they were wrong, or thought ill of other people for doing it, but did it yourself anyway. in my mind hypocrisy is not practicing what you preach.

anyway, yes, i feel like one sometimes, and i know i am sometimes. i try not to be. i drink occasionally - not while i am at school since i've signed an agreement not to, but it doesn't apply during christmas and summer. i don't smoke. but yes, i go to movies (going tomorrow!), i dance, and i swear occasionally when i'm very upset, but i never pretend that those things are wrong or have a double standard.