1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you called to overseas military missions?

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by Salty, Aug 2, 2009.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. rdwhite

rdwhite New Member

Not to be picky, but International Baptist Convention (IBC) is not related to or affiliated with the Southern Baptist Convention (SBC). I also heard this past week that the International Mission Board of the SBC is not appointing any new missionaries this coming year as a result of the economy and dismal mission offerings. So Southern Baptist missionaries may be looking to be sent out by other agencies such as the ones you listed.

3. Thinkingstuff

Thinkingstuff Active Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    One of the sore points in my church is the reduction is missionary giving. We're still participating int he cooperative but missions giving has suffered. One of the sore points I have is the annually increasing budget with the expectation of increased givings but with the economy giving has gone down. Now some of our line items are suffering.

4. Josh the Baptist

Site Supporter

I've heard that missions-giving has decreased in many churches due to the economy. This is not good for those on the field depending on these funds to stay where they are. Let us pray that we stay faithful in the work that God has set before us. Also, pray for wisdom in descisions that will have to be made in mission programs during these trying times.

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist

Yes, and no. The US pastors of IBC churches in Europe are from SBC churches. Currently the Virginia Baptists have a Partnership with the IBC !

No, the IBC is not officially connected with the SBC. (Though unlike George Bush, I do keep things for years, and years and years) I will take a look thur my files and see if I can find an old finance report from our church in Germany and see if we did send contributions to the SBC.

But regardless, both Independent and Southern Baptists need workers in Europe.

Salty

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bumping, since someone recently asked about overseas missions

7. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Recently, our DOM said you are not ready to be a missionary until you have your passports - ie you should be ready to go anywhere anytime

I personally have a burden for military missions and do all I can to support them

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is the Lord calling you overseas - even to English speaking churches?

9. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist