1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are You concerned With All the Crazies Running the Streets?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Jun 11, 2013.

?
  1. Yes, but we have to go on living!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  2. No, I trust Him, and whatever He wills, will be!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  3. See my opinion under the comment section!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. It is merely one more sign that things are bad all over...

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  5. All the extra police in the world can't stop the nut jobs from what they plan to do!

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  6. There are no answers to ending the madness....just pray and be grateful for each day...

2 vote(s)
    33.3%
  7. This is why I carry a weapon in the car, and have weapons at my home....

3 vote(s)
    50.0%
  8. Yes, I have concerns, but feel all we can do is pray!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  9. It saddens me each time another person dies needlessly!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
  10. All the killing does depress my spirit...I pray for the families affected by these killers.!

1 vote(s)
    16.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The recent shooting, by another mid-East immigrant crazy, has made it to the headlines of our nation. Will it stop? Who will be next? And more importantly, do you fear sending your kids and loved ones off each day, not knowing if there will be some crazy with a bag of automatic weapons waiting down the street outside the theater, mall, library, school, or local playground?

I know there is little else we can do other than trust Him, and be prayed up for the inevitable, but how is all this madness really affecting you?

2. Gib

Gib Active Member

We try not to go out for groceries, food, gas, etc. once the sun goes down, but if we do, we are mindful of our surroundings. We are doing that regardless what time of day it is. We avoid some shopping areas in town day or night.

3. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

Nothing has changed with me. Most of the time I forget to lock the doors at night. I feel like nothing is going to happen to me that God does not cause or allow, so why worry?

4. Tom Bryant

Tom Bryant Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    We've made our home more secure, but we still live life normally.

Personally, I am more concerned with the crazies running the country.

5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rate Of U.S. Gun Violence Has Fallen Since 1993, Study Says

"Firearm-related homicides dropped from 18,253 homicides in 1993 to 11,101 in 2011," according to a report by the federal , "and nonfatal firearm crimes dropped from 1.5 million victimizations in 1993 to 467,300 in 2011.

There were seven gun homicides per 100,000 people in 1993, the Pew Research study says, which dropped to 3.6 gun deaths in 2010. The study relied in part on data from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.

http://www.npr.org/blogs/thetwo-way...gun-violence-has-fallen-since-1993-study-says

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Some of the same crazies running the streets are the same ones sitting in our congregations on Sunday morning. [​IMG]