1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you homophobic?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Salty, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    According to this site the definition is:
    Homophobia is the hatred or fear of homosexuals - that is, lesbians and gay men - sometimes leading to acts of violence and expressions of hostility. Homophobia is not confined to any one segment of society, and can be found in people from all walks of life. Organized hate groups have viciously attacked homosexuals and have used especially violent language in attempting to persecute and intimidate them.

According to the definition above, I am not homophobic. Yet, many in that community would more than likely describe me as one.

Thoughts?

#1 Salty, Jun 12, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2011
  2. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Does that definition make God homophobic when He took out, justifiably, Sodom and Gomorrah?

3. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I've been called "homophobic" many times which is funny since I've had homosexuals live in my home. If I feared them so much, why would I give them a home while they were struggling with that lifestyle?

4. Crucified in Christ

Crucified in Christ New Member

As Christians, we do not expect to be loved by the world; we accept that fact because our Lord warned us that it would be the case.

The homosexual agenda involves far more than a end to mistreatment, they want to be openly accepted....even celebrated. Since this is their goal, they redefine homophobia to mean anyone who does not celebrate homosexuality. Unfortunately, this is the tactic of every group trying to gain power...if you are not 100% behind every point of every issue which affects them, you are a hate-monger and bigot!

5. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So true, so very true :tear: just means we need to :praying: more and show them the true love of :jesus:

6. billwald

billwald New Member

I am not afraid of homosexuals. I am afraid of crazy people. Especially drug addict crazies.

7. Matt Black

Matt Black Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I thought we weren't allowed to talk about 'Teh Gayz' here, in case it frightens the horses or something...?