1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you left or right?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Wingman68, Sep 26, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wingman68

Wingman68 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    33 degree Scottish Rite Freemason....right?

3. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Someone did not read the article... left?

4. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I read it. It was hilarious. The 33rd degree Scottish Rite Freemasons...the Illuminati....grand Master plan to roll out a new world order.

Conspiracy theorists living on one big flat earth singing kumbaya.

For the record, I am a conservative....just not gullible enough to believe the article.

5. Dave G

Dave G Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither side.
    I'm a Christian wondering when the war in America will really start, knowing that in all likelihood I'll be mistaken for someone on the right;
    The truth is, it's not my world, and my vote doesn't really count anyway.;)

Yes, I read the article.
    No, I don't think the whole "right versus left" thing is a complete myth, or that it was concocted by the Illuminati.
    To me, it's real, and the sides are polarizing in America ( and the world ) right now.

Eventually someone will come along and make a peace treaty and both sides will be happy for a time.
    But that's for another thread.

Yes, I do believe that my enemy has his hands in things down here,
    and there are a lot of things being done behind the scenes that the public does not even know about.

#5 Dave G, Sep 26, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The issue is not right vs left (that's worldly politics) but the World vs Christians. And all we (Christians) need to do is trust and obey....to stand.

The enemy uses right vs left politics to divide Christians. Unfortunately it seems to be effective.

Churches need to be less concerned with politics and more concerned with the Kingdom of God.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You’re funny.

8. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is JonC Funny?

9. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Totally disagree
    IMHO, if the Christian community had let loose a few bellows, like an old bull, back in the '60s, (maybe earlier, but that is when I began to notice) there is a very good chance this nation would still be a reasonably moral nation; perhaps even Christian!?
    Maybe not, but we'll never know, will we?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not sure it is fair to call "morality" without Christ "moral". I agree evil has become more apparent in our culture, but there is an up side to this - it is more apparent.

11. Wingman68

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The enemy? Who is that? I find it funny. The world vs Christians? Stand? The whole post is typical. Funny.
    I do like his last sentence. Is that good enough?

12. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He is funny because he is not an impartial moderator.

Is he entitled to express his opinion?

Well, of course.

Is he entitled to mock, shame, be sarcastic toward those who hold differing opinions?

And then edit and sensor those he disagrees with for whatever reason?

Can you answer those Mr. Robertsson?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    My belief is that the World is at enmity with God. My belief is that we are to take up the armor of God and having done all, to stand. And I believe that Christians should be less concerned with politics and more involved in the work of the Kingdom.

I am willing to be ridiculed for my beliefs. I think this is expected, perhaps even a part of this "stand" Scripture speaks of.

James 4:4 Adulterers and adulteresses! Do you not know that friendship with the world is enmity with God? Whoever therefore wants to be a friend of the world makes himself an enemy of God.

Ephesians 6:10–13 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. Put on the whole armor of God, that you may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this age, against spiritual hosts of wickedness in the heavenly places. Therefore take up the whole armor of God, that you may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Plus, as a moderator, I can't put him on ignore.

Sent from my SM-A515U using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. 37818

37818 Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Our Lord set examples for us to learn. Dealing with the Devil cited Deuteronomy 8:3, in Matthew 4:4, ". . . It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God."

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think this is where Christians go astray - when we stop relying on God's Word and think "hey....I got this".

John MacArthur wrote (paraphrasing) that whatever we do, whatever we choose, if it aligns with God's Word then it is within His will (I'm sure we can think this away, but he has a good point as well).

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I breezed thu the link

Now, let me talk about Jon also - he is a conservative - I am a Conservative. Whats the difference.
    Jon uses it as an adjective. I use as a noun.
    I am a member of the Conservative Party of NY.
    Some will say that by voting Conservative, we split the Republican vote.
    That is only true when the Republicans put up a liberal candidate.
    as NY has the fusion ballot.

One other thing - I also have a bit of libertarian in me as well.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Me, over the years, I've come to Jon's position. As a yoot, I was a member of the John Birch Society. I still have copies of American Opinion in a steamer case. However, by the time I was 21, I came to see matters differently from the JBS.
    I came to see the CFR, Bilderbergers, et al as various families of "political" organized crime (eg, the La Costa Nostra, The Triads, the Yakuza, etc.) Sometimes working in concert with each other and sometimes not. I saw this as a practical outworking of
    IOW, overall there isn't a central physical authority. As much as folks want there to be. As noted in Ephesians, there is a "spiritual" one, Satan and his minions.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SGO

SGO Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Salty writes about his political convictions, you write about how you came to your current beliefs, and what you think Jon's are but you avoided answering the questions:

Is he entitled to mock, shame, be sarcastic toward those who hold differing opinions?

And then edit and sensor those he disagrees with for whatever reason?

What is it?

Some of the mods stick together and defend each other when some gnat is flying around?

You don't think you, as a group, have some responsibility when it comes to belittling those that don't hold your views and don't share your political truths?

Oh, that is part of politics.

Baloney.

You censor, edit, and ban those who do not agree with your not so benign philosophies.

No wonder why a few of those with integrity are leaving the forum because they can see what you are doing.

You taunt members regularly and make snide remarks about some of them, even those who have departed.

I am willing to wager you will edit this post and claim "forum business."

Be happy to lose the wager.

20. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only reason I'm not deleting post 19 is I'm not going to make SGO a martyr. All I've seen from Jon on this thread is his disagreement with the basic premise of the article cited in the OP. Am I missing something?

#20 Squire Robertsson, Sep 27, 2021
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2021
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.