1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you ready to die?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, May 8, 2017.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My recent brush with death showed me that I was far from being ready to die, let alone for a long hospital stay. Sure, my heart is set on Jesus, and I have no doubts as to where I will spend eternity ... but in regards to all the worldly things, I have a ton of work to do so my wife is able to make sure my final wishes/requests are met. And that includes my cyber world where, because I pay the bills, she is able to.access sites and passwords to pay any obligations we have made.

As I lay in the hospital bed, paying bills came across my mind, like a cold chill, numbing my entire body, because I just realized, she had no way to.access the information needed to pay bills.

I wonder how many of you, regardless of your age, have mapped out for your loved ones, your final wishes and how to access the your personal computor sites of importance?

I would appreciate feedback and input and helpful discussion regarding the things you have done to make your trip to eternal life less hectic on your loved ones, left behind. I hope to glean something from those who have pre prepared for their "fly away" moment. I felt bad knowing, that my wife would not have known my last wishes, I.e., burial, my right to a grave site at the local National Cemetary; who I'd like to speak at the service, etc. I amsure, that like me, none of you want to saddle your loved ones extra stressors when it comes to your passing.

Thanks ahead of time for helping me figure out just what needs to be done when it comes to our final wishes. Shalom!

2. JohnDeereFan

JohnDeereFan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My wife is a forensic accountant and the detail oriented one in the family. She's already got all my post-death details worked out.

I think she may be trying to tell me something.

• Funny Funny x 2
  3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could she share on this OP the things we need to include in our last requests? She may be extremely helpful. God bless brother.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Check out this thread in the Vets Forum. It concerns the VA Pre NeedCertificate Program.

5. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks Squire!

6. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you Squire. I will download and complete the form and get it off to the VA.

7. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is an excellent reminder. When my father was terminally ill a number of years ago, he had time to make plans and did a lot of things behind the scenes because my mother was not ready to deal with the thought of his death. Therefore, he did not get to coach her for several months on all of the things he took care of on a regular basis.

After my father's death, my mother discovered that he had not only left her a lengthy list of financial information (with passwords and other essentials), but that he had estimated bill for three month ahead of time and had overpaid so that there was credit with everyone from the electric company, to the upcoming property taxes, so my mother did not have to deal with everything immediately. Where he could not make arrangements to overpay, he had automatic payment sent up with a generous amount of funds/credit established so that my Mom didn't have to do much until she was ready.

We don't always know when we are at the risk of death, so we need to consider our own mortality and take steps to help those who rely on us in case we are suddenly lost to this world.

Thanks for the personal anecdote!

• Like Like x 1
  8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are welcome. I was so angry with myself, because there were things I wanted to do, but continued to put them off. I guess, it was denial of what will eventually happen, and I must have felt, out of sight, out of mind.

This time I will be motivated to finish that last letter to my wife, so she is not left with confusion on top of mourning.

God bless you brother.

9. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not desire to die but know that I will one day. If the pre-trib rapture view is correct (which I hope it is) then I can expect to be raptured if I do not die.

10. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Honestly, I try very hard not to share personal things here because I no longer trust but about three posters here. I'm not really eager to expose my wife to the ugliness here.

• Winner Winner x 2
  11. JohnDeereFan

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I will tell you that one of the things we did before my grandparents died, is that we all sat down with them and the kids and "interviewed" them about their lives. What they were like as kids, what their first love was like, what music they liked, their thoughts on different subjects, etc.

There are several books you can buy to do this and make a family keepsake. We did it with both in book form and videoed it.

It was fun for me, fascinating for my children, and, I think, very fulfilling for my grandparents. I think it's a great idea and that all families would benefit from it.

Like I said, I'm hesitant to reveal personal things here, but I will say that it was funny to watch children born in the 90s and early 2000s try to imagine the life in 1910-20 Appalachia that my grandparents described growing up in.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is about the way it is, and that is a real shame. Instead of praying when we share our inner needs, it comes back later when a member uses your words to embarrass and humiliate you.

So sorry you feel that way, but I agree with your concerns. Shalom