1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Are you saved?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by timothy 1769, Jan 31, 2004.

1. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I second that thought. Since when do we have to "prove" that we're saved. Salvation is a relationship. Jesus knows I'm saved, and I know he saves me. Why should I work to prove anything to anyone?

2. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I second that thought. Since when do we have to "prove" that we're saved. Salvation is a relationship. Jesus knows I'm saved, and I know he saves me. Why should I work to prove anything to anyone? </font>[/QUOTE]1Pe 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and [be] ready always to [give] an answer to every man that asketh you a reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

With that in mind, John, what is your hope and what is the reason for that hope?

Jason

3. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Am I saved?: I am saved.

What's my evidence?: I know I am saved because the Bible tells me how I can be. It says that I must be born again, that I must repent and believe, and I have. The Holy Spirit affirms my relationship with Christ in my daily walk (whether positively or negatively).

Why I think my calling and election are sure: Because Jesus Christ said so.

Joh 10:27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:
    Joh 10:28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any [man] pluck them out of my hand.
    Joh 10:29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

Jason

4. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Are you doubting my salvation? It sounds like you are. The purpose of the verse ou cited was not to "prove" your salvation to other saved individuals who question your salvation. To I'll pass on your litmus test, thank you very much.

5. Refreshed

Refreshed Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are you doubting my salvation? It sounds like you are. The purpose of the verse ou cited was not to "prove" your salvation to other saved individuals who question your salvation. To I'll pass on your litmus test, thank you very much. </font>[/QUOTE]Hmmm...pretty defensive. I just wanted to hear another brother's testimony...I love to hear others' testimonies and wanted to know why you believe what you believe. You don't have to give us your testimony or the reason you believe what you do, I just thought you might be eager to tell everyone what God has done for you.

I most certainly and definitely was not questioning your salvation but I do wonder about your defensiveness.

Jason