1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arena Football League

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Turpius, Jan 29, 2005.

1. Turpius

Turpius New Member

Anybody follow indoor football?

2. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

I was thinking of your to San Jose games this year. The gamelooks like it's fun to watch, especially with the smaller field.

3. Turpius

Turpius New Member

from what I've seen of ot on TV last year, they tend to score higher, due to the smaller field and a few other modifications to the game.

4. WallyGator

WallyGator New Member

It must be a mental block but I can't get into arena football. I like the concept but not the result. Of course, if Austin Wranglers get hot and put it all together and start winning, I may change my mind. :D ;)

5. Turpius

Turpius New Member

details, details.....of course I could say the same for the Columbus Destroyers too. :rolleyes:

6. go2church

go2church Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I love Arena Football, it is a totally different game then the on the field version. My wife, who hates regular football, enjoys watching Arena Football. There are a few quirky rules but overall it is hut-hut, throw the ball; just like when you where a kid on the playground.

7. onecoolcanuk

onecoolcanuk Guest

You're right, it is a totally different game. It is nothing like outdoor football but it is entertaining. I can get into it sometimes, about a month after the NFL is over. But I can't get into it so much that I'll stay tuned every week. They don't even cover it in my paper.

8. born2serve

born2serve New Member

Arena football is the best brand of football out there. I just wish the Chicago Rush would win an Arena Bowl.

9. 4His_glory

4His_glory New Member

I like the net in the end-zone thing. What a cool concept! It reminds me of when we used to throw the football up on the roof and whoever caught it scored a touchdown!

10. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have an IFL (Indoor Football League) team in Casper and coasted into the playoffs. Then lost unexpectedly and are out. Grrrr.

Arena is for bigger markets. But it is great to get 4000 screaming fans and watch the game up close.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. patrick

patrick New Member

Arena football is fun to watch but it ain't the real thing