1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arkansas Governor Mike Huckabee

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Jack Matthews, Jan 30, 2007.

1. Jack Matthews

Jack Matthews New Member

Yeah, it's really hard to reconcile those Christian principles of forgiveness and mercy with the state department of corrections. We all know that Jesus wouldn't have set any prisoners free.

As far as the computer hard drive "fiasco," that makes me laugh. That is so characteristically Arkansas politics. You have a governor who, with the previous two, have pushed, pulled, prodded, initiated policies and proceedures and essentially turned Arkansas from one of the poorest, dirt grubbing states in the country to one of economic prosperity, and you're frothing at the mouth about a few computer hard drives and a discretionary fund that the state law allowed the governor to spend without having to disclose its use.

2. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

What you fail to understand Jack is that those computers were state property and there is no mention of any previous Governors who have done the same, we do not know what was on those hard drives that the Huckster wanted to keep a secret.
    As far as letting criminals loose on the street , I have a deep sense of regard for those who go through the turmoil of anquish and being at the mercy of some crazed pious Governor----My wife and I have had to go through this twice.
    If the Huckster was smart he would turn the less dangerous prisoners out early instead of the killers . I have no qualms about forgiving someone but trusting them without evidence of repentence is another thing. If these Killers had indeed turned thier lives around and Had given themselves to the Lord they would accept the consequences of their mistakes.
    Huckabee had a chance to anwer charges on the computer fiasco but chose to evade the local press until he could provide his spin on the story through a newspaper editorial. I would urge anyone who is considering this man as a viable candidate to do some deep research before being emotionaly swayed.

3. Petra-O IX

Petra-O IX Active Member

Mike Huckabee has released more prisonors than any of the three previous Arkansas Governors combined.
    More from this sitehttp://mikehuckabee.com/recent_news.htm
    Jegley said Huckabee has granted 669 clemencies since he became governor in 1996. The previous three governors, Bill Clinton, Frank White and Jim Guy Tucker, granted a total of 507 clemencies during their 18 years in office, Jegley said.
    At one time Mike Huckabee was a Baptist Minister now he is just another cheap Politician

#23 Petra-O IX, Jan 31, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2007
  4. Baptist in Richmond

Baptist in Richmond Active Member

Actually, I found Ken's response to be quite interesting. Although he mentioned Huckabee's missionary zeal about weight loss, he spent more time addressing the governor's record on several topics.

Good job, Ken! :thumbs:

Wishing God's Blessings to you and your ministry, Pastor - as with all the pastors on this board, please know that you and your ministry are in my daily thoughts and prayers,
    BiR