1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Arno Q. Wenigar, Jr. with the Lord

Discussion in 'Fundamental Baptist Forum' started by Squire Robertsson, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    What a great loss. Bud Wenigar was a good man. I was at Calvary in Normal for the Illinois State Youth Conclave in 1974 as an assistant youth pastor when he was pastor there. Great man and good host.

He was, in my opinion, the best possible choice to succeed Dr. Cedarholm as President at MBBC, and led the college in continuing the growth it enjoyed under the Cedarholms and also led the college in achieving financial stability, something often lacking in bible colleges.

He also led the college in seeking and achieving regional accreditation through the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools.

Our loss is heaven's gain.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    TC, somehow or another, I got the impression his father's sister married Dr. Cedarholm's brother. Which gave him the ability to run MBBC in his own fashion. I know there was some pushback but the Cedarholms had Bud's back

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jason Eugene Cedarholm, Myron Cedarholm's brother, married Helen Naomi Weniger, who was a daughter of Frederick W. Weniger -- so a niece to Arno, Sr. and first cousin to Arno, Jr., if I figured it right. (Didn't know that off the top of my head; looked it up on Ancestry.com.)

• Like Like x 1
  5. Jerome

Jerome Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No, sister and aunt.

• Like Like x 1
  6. rlvaughn

rlvaughn Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're right, as was Squire. I looked at Arno's father incorrectly. Arno, Sr. is a son of Frederick W. Weniger and Alice M Bunch, as is Helen.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    From what I heard back in the day, Jason Cedarholm was a missionary who stayed in the Northern\American Baptist Convention. Suffice to say, the brothers were estranged (at least ecclesiastically) by the late '70s. So much so, that in my conversation with Dr. M. James and Mrs. Jane Hollowood in the mid-'90s, they didn't connect the dots.

8. Squire Robertsson

Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just saw this and told Mrs. Rolf about it. She only found out a week ago. She and her folks knew him. Seemed like a nice guy.