1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Article - "Kenya, Islam and Obama Hussein"

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Revmitchell, May 22, 2008.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    ...............It may also not surprise you that Raila is not Moslem himself, but claims to be a practicing Anglican. Only a minority of Luo are Moslem (most are Christian). Kenya on the whole is Christian, with 80% of Kenyans either Protestant or Roman Catholic, while only 10% are Moslem.

And here is the biggest non-surprise: Raila Odinga has, in his own words, a "close personal friendship" with Barrack Hussein Obama Junior.

When Obama went to Kenya in August of 2006, he was hosted by Raila and spoke in praise of him at rallies in Nairobi:Obama's bias for his fellow Luo was so blatant that a Kenya government spokesman denounced Obama during his visit as Raila's "stooge.".......

Story Here

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Rev,

You messed up Senator Obama's name on the title. It is Barack Hussein Obama, not Obama Hussein.

As an administrator I have the ability to correct thread titles. Would you like me to do so for you?

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I did not actually mess it up. I copy and pasted the title of the article as is my habit.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

Perhaps that shows the veracity and trustworthiness of your source, since they can't even get Senator Obama's name right.

5. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It might but after reading the article the info is compelling.

6. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

C4K,

As an administrator, I believe when you see something so blantely wrong, you should fix it. You have asked the poster if they wanted it changed, but as you can see they are not interested in fixing errors, only smearing people.

As a user of this board, I would like to request it be changed.

Thanks,
    Jamie

7. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And, of course, the continual references to Mr. Obama's middle name are not obedient to the Christain gospel.

It is a tactic that the world uses when it does politics - a cynical attempt to smear Mr. Obama with the stink of Islamic extremism and / or to appeal to xenophobia.

We are called to a higher standard than to use such tactics.

8. donnA

donnA Active Member

It actually is the name of the article.
    If they change it without the op's permission, then from now on, to be fair to all, they can not allow anyone to use the name of the article as the title of their thread.
    It isn't blatantly wrong if in fact it is the actual article title, it is correct in that it is the title of the quoted article.
    It isn't your thread, you can not ask for the title to be changed, unless as I just said, they do not allow article title to be thread title any longer. The title does not violate BB rules does it? If not another poster can not ask for it to be changed and then actually be changed.

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

The christian gospel says nothing about using people's middle names. We call my grandson by his middle name, because both his father and grandfather are named Robert. So for whatever purpose a middle name is used, it isn't against the gospel.
    What the world does is defend abortion, the murder of live birth babies, and homos*xuality. What a christian does is defend what the bible says about these. This is the higher standard we are called too. Not defending people who preach mudering live birth babies, homos*xuality saying it is not immoral.
    Now which side of this do you come down on.

10. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I happen to disagree with Mr. Obama's stance on a number of the issues you raise.

But to use the middle name "Hussein" is not the actions of a Christian who is obedient to the spirit of the gospel. If I was running for President and I had the middle names "Charles Manson", would it be Christlike to continually refer to me as:

Andre "Charles Manson" Jones (not my real last name)?

Of course not! It would be a deeply cynical, highly unChristian attempt to smear me with the stink of the crimes of Charles Manson.

Same thing with Mr. Obama - and interestingly the issues you object to in your post are precisely opposite to the position a fundamentalist Muslim would take.

There is no justification for the rhetorical use of Mr. Obama's middle name.

11. JamieinNH

JamieinNH New Member

Now you're jumping to conclusions... In this instance, the article title and this post title are both wrong.

It doesn't have to be "my" thread for me to make a request as a user of this board. That doesn't mean that Roger has to comply, but it also doesn't stop me from making the request.

That is debatable... We are suppose to be Christ like and as another poster has already mention, we are suppose to be above the crowd when it comes to smear tactics.

It's this type of thread and response that has caused me to back away from the Baptistboard. Things around here are so unChrist like and everyone seems to just turn and look the other way. They cite the rules and let it go from there.

I don't know about you and others.. but my rule book is the Bible, and it's pretty clear on how we're to treat others including people we consider our enemies.

Jamie

12. NaasPreacher (C4K)

I have adjusted the title to reflect that it is an article placed here for discussion.

13. donnA

donnA Active Member

Jumping to conclusions how. It is the actual article title, in that respect the title of this thread is correct.
    And if you censor one posters thread titles so they are not the same title as the article linked too, then you must also censor the thread title of all threads if they are the same at the aticle linked too.
    That is what unbiased means.

Quoting the name of an article which is being linked too is not unchrist like.

Thank you Roger, it seems quite fair.

14. donnA

donnA Active Member

If it is your name then it is not disobedient to use your name. Otherwise none of us should have middle names.

15. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am sorry, but this is simply not true.

It is not normal practice to use the middle name.

So if I run for president, and my middle name happens to be "Charles Manson", then repeated use of my middle name - remember we do not normally use middle names when referring to politicians - must be done with a specific purpose in mind.

And if my middle name happens to be "Charles Manson", we all know what that purpose is - to try to smear me with the stink of Charles Manson.

There is really not much of a counter-position here.

Is it normal to refer to a candidate's middle name?

It is clearly not. We do not have Hillary or McCain referred to by their middle name.

Therefore, there is some intent, some reason, to buck normal practice and use the middle name.

And, in post 9/11 America, its pretty clear what that reason is in respect to Barack Hussein Obama.

And it does not add credit to the gospel.

16. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

[​IMG]
    Would it be better for you if we said Barak "Barry" Hussein Obama?

Baaarry, Baaarry, Baaarry, I remember watching a ball game in Atlanta and Barry Bonds, as a Pirate, hot dogged a home run. The fans then rattled him with the above chant. He struck out 2 of his next 3 at bats and committed an error in the field that let the winning run score. He soon learned not to let the chants bother him.

If Barak is ashamed of his given name then he is not man enough to be POTUS.

17. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You guys have no idea about how to do politics the Kingdom way and not the fallen way of the world, do you?

It is highly telling that you are not responding to the "Charles Manson" analogy.

The reason? The analogy proves the point that referring to Mr. Obama's middle name is disobedient behaviour for the Christian.

18. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

The total hyppocrisy and feigned innocnce of the nutty right is obvious to any thinking person. Despite the claims of "it's his name", they know full well they use it in a pathetic attempt at slander. Count how many times they reference John Sidney McCain III versus the use of the name Hussein.

19. Palatka51

Palatka51 New Member

[​IMG]
    You and Andre are just too funny.[​IMG]

20. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Please tell us precisely what is so funny. If my argument is wrong and therefore funny, please tell me exactly how it is wrong. You should certainly be able to do so, since you presumably think it is wrong for a reason.

So, tell us, why do people use Mr. Obama's middle name?

The "its just his name" argument is clearly incorrect since it is not general practice to use the middle name. We never hear Hillary's middle name. Or McCain's.

So let us all in on what's so funny about the position that MP and I are taking.

Do you find rebuke of efforts to tar Mr. Obama with the stench of Islamic fundamentalism to be particularly amusing?