1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Article on Patrick Henry College

Discussion in 'Homeschooling Forum' started by PamelaK, Mar 20, 2008.

1. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

This is a fascinating article on the college started by the Home School Legal Defense Association several years back. It is rather long, but well worth reading. There is a small section in the middle on their new building, and then it continues on for quite a while, so keep reading.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=58673

2. Beth

Beth New Member

I am very cautious

http://www.phc.edu/about/BiblicalWorldview.asp

I am very cautious about this college.

Theologically speaking, I am fairly dispensational. I am not reformed, thus do not believe that the tribulation is past or that the church now has all the promises of the nation of Israel. I do not believe in Covenant Theology.

This college has a very different theological basis to mine. If you closely examine their Biblical Worldview page, you can see that their theology leans towards christian reconstructionism. I do not believe that our commision includes deciding which governments are legitimate authorities and then overthrowing those that we deem are not legitimate. This theology is more in alignment with Kingdom Now and christian reconstructionism. Note that the verses which they use to support these actions on the part of the church applied to Israel.

I would exhort everyone to examine this college's theological statements very carefully.

I was surprised, Pam, to discover these things as well...there are a number of homeschooling families from our church who send their children to this college...

3. PamelaK

PamelaK New Member

Beth - Thanks so much for posting. I would definitely like to pursue this once I have a bit more time than I do this week-end! :)
    Our daughter attended a summer Journalism Camp at PHC four years ago, which was top notch. We were very impressed. Our son is also currently taking an online Constitutional Law class from Dr. Farris which so far we have been very pleased with. That said, we'll be sure and take extra scrutiny of the coursework now.
    As far as a four year plan for the college, we have no plans of sending our son there. (He has a great interest in Law but his desire is to be a pastor so we never really considered it.) I'm sure however, that as time goes by, we'll know someone who does have an interest in doing so and it will be good to know this information. It's just good to be informed anyway.

4. Beth

Beth New Member

thanks Pamela!

Sad to have to scrutinize everything!!!

Wonderful that your son might have a calling to pastor! That is exciting!!!