1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured As a citizen of the USA, do you feel safe?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 5, 2015.

?
  1. Yes ...

7 vote(s)
    53.8%
  2. No ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Not like I once did ...

6 vote(s)
    46.2%
  4. No opinion ...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When I ask, "As a citizen of the USA," I am asking if you feel safe for yourself, your family, friends and others? And I am not just talking about safety from terrorism, but from all forms of harm or crime that may be inflicted or brought upon you, your family, friends or others?

And please don't give me the standard, all inclusive "in Christ" I feel safe (because I know He has me and I know where I am going)! Harm can and still comes against those who have a relationship with the Father through His Son! Salvation does not exclude you and I from the reality of life happening around us, or to you, your family, friends and others!

Do you feel safe?

2. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I realise that you asked that we don't give a spiritual answer, but in reality that is all I have. My feeling of safety has never been dependent on who was president, who controlled Congress, or even what country I live in.

So yes as an American citizen I do feel safe. As an Irish citizen I do feel safe. Why? Because I am a citizen of heaven and that is where I look for protection.

I never had looked to human government for my protection. Why would I start now?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no problem with your answer, brother, I was just hoping to get a gut reaction from folks! Yes, I feel as you, but I can't say that I feel the same for my loved ones and friends, because not all of them have the confidence in Jesus that you and I have! So, yes, I have concerns for their safety! Thumbsup

4. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Since you qualified the question with the "As a Citizen of the U.S.A" bit, are you asking about crimes committed by immigrants?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

What he's really trying to ask is if you feel like Obama in office has kept you safe or makes you feel safe. Naas's answer is where Christians should be. But the original poster likes to reject what Christ says and look for his own answers. Let him keep running scared and beating his head.

6. exscentric

exscentric Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The question was given in a poll announced on the news last night and 72% did not feel safe.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I feel safe.

8. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  9. preachinjesus

preachinjesus Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I feel safe. As C4K mentioned, my home isn't this world and if I am taken from here there is a greater reward awaiting.

I'm more worried about crazy white males carrying guns they don't fully comprehend the consequences of operating than I am anything else. But I'm not afraid of them either.

• Like Like x 1
  10. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm good and safe.

11. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I imagine those folks in San Bernardino felt safe right up until those terrorists walked back in and did their thing. Most likely their community was a lot like so many other communities around the country and they had no reason to expect such a tragic event in theirs. Since we live in a world where these things can and do occur in the most unexpected places I do not believe it is as much a matter of feeling safe as it is a matter of having peace in the midst of turmoil.

Godly peace is not a result of an ideology that says we should not fear a people of a religion because of some warped sense of justice. It does not come because of a political ideology that shames any view that sees some cultures as a threat to others physical being. True peace comes from God when you are in the midst of the storm. Finding that peace does not come from politics, politicians, ideologies, debates, or weapons. It comes from intimately knowing God and nothing else.

• Like Like x 3
  12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Zaac- No offense intended, but I would prefer read RD2's answer. Yours, I suspect, is intended to provoke another round of bickering between you two.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a WORLD OF DIFFERENCE in "being afraid", and "not feeling safe"!
    Trying to make the two equivalent is nothing more that a cheap shot at the poster --a common tactic for some who spout faux Christian rhetoric on this board!!FrownFrownFrown

• Like Like x 1
  14. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now I do!...btw... Where am I?... I'm hiding in the center!... A mans gotta have protection!... So I called a band of my brothers... Brother Glen... All kidding aside this is the only way I feel safe!

Romans 14:8 For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's.

[​IMG]

#14 tyndale1946, Dec 5, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Lol. You can suspect what you want to. My response was in reference to what I see him doing.

17. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And my suspicion is based on what I have seen you do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks for pointing out the difference between feeling 'safe' and 'being afraid!'

I was hoping people would be honest, and for a moment forget what they believe other believers want to hear, and admit that they have concerns for their safety, the safety of their loved ones, and the safety of others. But instead I got the believers version of chest thumping. So sad that people can't be honest....I do not feel safe. I am not afraid, because I know who holds my hand, but there are times that the flesh within me, feels unsafe and insecure with all that is going on.

I know that most of those thumping and beating their chest, also carry weapons, and hey ONLY carry them, because they may feel the need to go to the range for some shooting, but certainly not because they want to protect themselves and their families?

God bless.

19. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hey bro, Jesus loves you .... and so do I.

20. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is great, does that mean if you and I were confronted by a terrorist with one bullet, you would take that bullet for me? Hypothetical, yes; but, being with you means the other person could expect you to be their shield. ;)