1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

As a former pentecostal, was I even saved?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Squidward, Jan 28, 2012.

1. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

they do hold to the "baptism in the Holy Ghost" indeed a second act of Grace. as regular saints indwelt by HS, they see the infillling/empowering to be able to overcome sin when the HS is allowed to fully possess us, and that is evidenced by speaking in other tongues!

theu see the baptism as a distinct act by god after salvation, as when we would then possess the HS fully, and be empowered to witness and live for God!

Think we mean same thing, just 'sematical!"

#41 DaChaser1, Jan 30, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 30, 2012
  2. drfuss

drfuss New Member

Yes, we do mean the same. However, there are people on BB who may confuse your "Second Act of Grace" with the Pentesoctal Holiness Denomination belief in the "Second Work of Grace" which does not involve speaking in tongues.

The AOG was formed in 1914 partly in rejection of the "Second Work of Grace" of the Pentecostal Holiness Churches. I was in AOG churches for many years and never heard about any Second Act of Grace, probably due to the AOG rejecting the Second Work of Grace.

3. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

I NEVER bought into that aspct of their theology, and what was the 'final straw" for me to depart was that I asked a bible teacher at one o ftheir schools IF Billy Graham would have been more effective as an Evangelist IF he woul dhave had the tongues and baptism in HG, he refused to answer, as he knew that saying "yes" made no sense!

4. drfuss

drfuss New Member

DaChaser1 writes:
    "I NEVER bought into that aspct of their theology,"

Hmmm. Sounds like you were not really a Pentecostal, but only attended a Pentecostal church.

#44 drfuss, Jan 31, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2012
  5. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

hard to define me, use term 'baptacostalist" as do hold that tongues are a Gift today, that the Lord at times can still heal IF he so choses, and that the HS can empower one to preach/teach the word, at times can give one understanding/wisdom about the situation, such as propmting to pray for others specifically, witness to someone etc!

DENY second act of Grace, botht he holiness/AG versions, and think any gifts/workings of the HS are as He sovereignly wills, as ANY Gift would be from Him, for the puroposes to edify/encourage/uplift Jesus, NOT based upon will of man!

6. TCGreek

TCGreek New Member

Faith in Christ is what saves, not theological precision secondard and tertiary matters.

A person doesn't need a class in systematic theology before they can come to faith in Christ.

This is one of the imperfections of many in the Reformed/Calvinist camp.

7. DaChaser1

DaChaser1 New Member

thank god he does NOT based salvation upon either which model of salvation, or how we understand it works, to save us!

We ALL would flunk and go straight to hell in the end!