1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

As evidence of campaign collusion with Russian hackers mounts, Donald Trump is falling apart

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Crabtownboy, Jul 2, 2017.

1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This weekend's blockbuster news came courtesy of the Wall Street Journal: A well-known Republican operative who asserted he was working for Trump campaign adviser Michael Flynn was actively seeking hacker help in obtaining private emails from Hillary Clinton's server, and intelligence agencies had intercepted discussions from Russian hackers at how to provide such help and transmit it back to Michael Flynn and his operatives.

This was immediately followed by a United Kingdom cybersecurity expert coming forward to confirm that he, personally, had been recruited by the operative, Peter Smith to help "validate" copies of "emails from Secretary Clinton's private server" that an unnamed source was offering to provide Smith.

This was not another data dump of documents from the DNC being disseminated through WikiLeaks; this was an effort to obtain information from Clinton's own email server, and came immediately on the heels of candidate Donald Trump publicly calling on Russian hackers to "find" those emails during what would be the last press conference of his entire campaign. Smith appeared to have a deep knowledge of internal campaign deliberations, Smith appeared to have a "reckless lack of interest" in whether or not he was working with the Russian's own hacking efforts, and the documents Smith provided to the expert outlining who would be managing the "research" included not just Flynn, but top campaign officials Steve Bannon and Kellyanne Conway.

This, then, would be the precise sort of "collusion" with foreign intelligence efforts that probes of the Trump campaign's association with Russian election hacks have been exploring. It links the campaign to hacking efforts through the one White House figure other than himself Donald Trump has gone to any effort to protect: Trump and associates had apparently contacted multiple top government officials in an effort to stop or delay the FBI investigation into Flynn before Trump made the sudden decision to fire the FBI director outright.

As evidence of campaign collusion with Russian hackers mounts, Donald Trump is falling apart

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Moar distracting CNN tweets from Trump in 3...2...1

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo.

3. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Remove all cameras and recording equipment from press briefings and reduce them from daily briefings to only a couple per week.

Oh wait... already did that.

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Keep dreaming.
    The problem is Hillary committed felonies. Had she not been so foolish, she would not have been hacked.
    The scene in Full Metal Jacket where Pvt. Pyle left his footlocker unlocked and Sgt. Told him that it was people like him who made criminals ,describes this situation perfectly. I can't link it because it contains about 20 uses of profanity in two minutes, but for the not easily offended, there is you tube.

5. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ah yes, the "he's not Hillary" defense coupled with the "look here at this thing Hillary did" defense. Does not exonerate things Trump or his aides might have done.

6. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Great defense, Hillary made me do it.

Not as good as Flip Wilson's "The devil made me do it." :Whistling

7. Calminian

Calminian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Still floating the fake Russia story....... I guess there's nothing else.

• Like Like x 1
  8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So far even the Democrats are saying that there is no evidence of collusion with Russia on the part of the Trump campaign. Of course, that does not mean that the Democrats won't use the lack of evidence as the basis for an upcoming impeachment charge, does it?

9. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    IMO no impeachment charge will come forward concerning the fake news Putin-Trump "collusion" accusation because the Dems don't want to get caught looking stupid and lose votes 2018, 2020.

My theory:
    I'm wondering if phony collusion documents have been fabricated to be used as potential "evidence".

This evidence would be reminiscent of the Dan Rather 2004 manufactured fake news concerning president Bush and his ANG service.

CBS News admits Bush documents can’t be verified

Problem: No one will volunteer to run with the "evidence" and make the "Breaking News Discovery of Trump Collusion" for fear of exposure of the "evidence ala the 60 minutes fiasco.

Also, so far, the latest accusation of "mental issues" have not been sticking to the wall so new and juicier fake news must be hatched to "cry wolf" one more time.

All opinion of course.

HankD

10. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Can you just imagine just how much GOOD could be done in this country if, IF, the left would simply start being concerned about the country rather than doing their darndest to keep their power?????? :rolleyes::Frown

11. Calminian

Site Supporter

Indeed. The Russia collusion lie is proof that big corporate media hates America. No other way to explain it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Calminian

Site Supporter

But thankfully we have a president who's fighting back. That's some pretty vicious GnP if you ask me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought that the Trump video was funny but Trump should have known that the left, who have their own culture, did not even know that TV wrestling is fake.

14. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    WHAT!? FAKE! FAKE!

TV Wrestling!?
    NO, Say it isn't so!

Is there nothing sacred anymore?

HankD

• Like Like x 1
  15. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Just think if he fought as hard for tax reform, or repealing/replacing ObamaCare as he goes after CNN and MSNBC news show hosts!

"We're going to Make America Great Again! We're going to build a Wall, reform and simplify taxes, cut personal and corporate tax rates, rebuild our infrastructure, destroy ISIS and take their oil, rebuild our military and deport illegal immigrants! But first I gotta take on these TV news shows..."

16. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Glad to see you on board ITL!
    :D
    HankD

17. Calminian

Site Supporter

LOL! As if you want tax reform to succeed! You're the one that's been pushing for the Russia investigation.

18. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I would seek medical help for your memory deficiencies. Prevagen extra strength, perhaps.

Since you said nothing about my point about Trump shrugging off his agenda I presume you are OK with Trump posting juvenile tweets about beating up CNN while being ambivalent about repealing/replacing Obamacare, saying this: “This will be great if we get it done, and if we don’t get it done it’s just going to be something that we’re not going to like, and that’s OK and I understand that very well.”

19. Calminian

Site Supporter

Yes, I love Trump's tweets.

And you have been pushing the Russia distraction, the sole purpose of which, is to keep him from accomplishing his agenda. You cannot be pro-russia prob and pro-Trump agenda.

20. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How can any investigation stop Trump from accomplishing his agenda? The GOP controls all three branches of government.

Besides, Trump just tweeted yesterday that the press cannot keep him from accomplishing his goals (only he can do that!)

Trump-Agenda.jpg

False dilemma.

Besides, I would hope that any American would be interested in finding out if Russia interfered with our election.