1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aslan and Jesus

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by rockytopva, Apr 15, 2022.

1. rockytopva

rockytopva Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was brought up with a mother in the Marine Corp and a dad in the Navy and born in Jacksonville, North Carolina near the Camp LaJeune Marine Corp Base. As a result of all the travel I did a lot of reading. One of my books that exists within my memory was the "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" of the CS Lewis Chronicles of Narnia series in which I would later learn, "Lewis revealed that he wrote Aslan as a portrait, although not an allegorical portrait, of Christ." On the reading of the "The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe" I found myself weeping along with the story.

My dad bought me a Yamaha 60 motorcycle around the age of 9. One day on traveling up what I called "the big hill" I turn around and almost run into a church bus. The door opens and a man by the name of Rod Moxely told me I needed to be in church. The story of Christ immediately made sense and I got saved at a very early age. Though there is no salvation in the name of Aslan the story did a good job of prepping my heart to receive the salvation of Jesus Christ.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    After Pilgrims Progress the next fiction I read as a new Christian was Lewis’ Chronicles series.

They were my intro to basic theology.

The recent movies are acceptable but IMO the book is so much more effective at conveying the meaning.

Rob

• Like Like x 2