1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Assault Weapons Ban?

Discussion in 'Free-For-All Archives' started by DeclareHim, Sep 11, 2004.

1. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Only a fool would believe something so foolish. </font>[/QUOTE]Terry, I am sorry you think Peter was a fool:

1 Peter 2
    18 Servants, be submissive to your masters with all fear, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the harsh.
    </font>[/QUOTE]In our Constitutional Republic the government officials are supposed to be the "public servants" to the people who elect them.

2. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Guilt by association is such a strong debate technique. Please explain how my interpretation is off base. Oh, please use Scripture and not the constitution (the Bible for CPers).

Just because Adolf abused his power, it doesn't mean everything he ever said and did was wrong. Good grief. I can see why the church is in such a crisis.

3. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

4. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

What did Nebuchadnezzar say about it? Was he good or evil?

It is a basic principle in Scripture: submission.

People to governments
    slaves to masters
    wives to husbands
    children to parents
    memberts to elders
    etc

Going by your interpretation, you would destroy every category God established.

5. Pennsylvania Jim

Pennsylvania Jim New Member

Yeah, I guess that's why half of the New Testament was written from prison...because they sat down and did whatever the rulers told them to do. :rolleyes:

6. Pennsylvania Jim

So, do I understand correctly that you are saying that the guys who operated the gas chambers were doing their God-given responsibility to carry out Hitler's orders?

7. Terry_Herrington

Terry_Herrington New Member

So, do I understand correctly that you are saying that the guys who operated the gas chambers were doing their God-given responsibility to carry out Hitler's orders? </font>[/QUOTE]PJ, I am interested in seeing DD's response to this very good question.

8. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Daniel David brings up a good point here. As Christians our constitution, the "supreme law of the land" is the Bible.

Did you know that Paul Revere preached a sermon on Romans 13, the Bible, and the constitution? He did. You might find this interesting. The title of his seromon is "Who's Bible is it"?

I Give You Paul Revere [Realplayer]

9. Sularis

Sularis Member

Wow - I never knew you NEEDED - semi-automatic and automatic weapons to defend yourself from your government who on other threads is being argued as God-given

You Americans are nuts - the natural order of God is no weapons at all - no itty bitty pistols either - its called peace we are supposed to be advocates of it - and arming ourselves is a lack of trust in God

Blessed are the peacemakers

not blessed are the fully automatic weapons with a great ammo cache

10. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

Sularis,

To die for the sake of Christ is gain.

To die from a lack of shooting back is dumb.

11. Pennsylvania Jim

Poncho, many people don't believe that stuff anymore.