1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

AT CONFESSION, MAN UNLOADS SINS, GRENADE, GUN

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by JFox1, Feb 14, 2006.

1. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

Munich, Germany - A priest got more than he bargained for during confession when a man not only declared his sins, but also handed over a machine gun and a hand grenade, police in Bavaria said on Tuesday.

He also gave the priest a cardboard box with a clown's face and the words "Red Nose Day March 26, 2004" on it containing 34 cartridges of 7.65 mm. caliber," police said in a statement.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13345209/

Now I've heard that confession is good for the soul, but............... :eek:

2. Joseph M. Smith

Joseph M. Smith New Member

This reminds me of a situation in a Lutheran church in Minnesota, where my wife's cousin is one of the pastors. He preached on "Thou shalt not steal" and put "No Questions Asked" boxes around the church building for people to deposit things they had stolen. The boxes filled up with a wide variety of things as well as money!

I guess it would have been hard to put a reputation in one of those boxes, however!