1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

At what point do you stop believing.......

Discussion in '2003 Archive' started by Grasshopper, May 3, 2003.

1. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

But one day is as one thousand years to God

Then the thousand year reign of Christ might actually only be 1 day.

2. Johnv

Johnv New Member

I think we all miss the point. Jesus'second coming should already have happened to each of us, in our hearts. If it hasn't happenned there, it needs to.

3. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

That is the point? :eek: I can safely say: WRONG. The point is that Christ will return to bring an end to sin, suffering, evil and the like. He will do it in his time, in his way, and no one will stop him. Christ will rule with a rod of iron, not a wiffle bat like the preterists and amills say.

4. Tim

Tim New Member

Wiffle bat?

Tell that to all the regimes throughout history that set themselves against God's people. They keep dropping like flies.

In Christ,

Tim

5. Me2

Me2 New Member

Ha Ha Ha
    I just love the way you guys still live in the old Testament.

he comes back to a believer..one at a time.

for the rest of mankind?. They meet at death.

theres not one piece of dirt thats worth Gods return nor any reason for him to rule over any nation other than his own disobedient children.

the wrath of God is for the unbelieving and disobedient....within his own family.

and when do we stop believing. when we get to big to live before a God with a repentent heart and think we can choose how to live without the holy spirits guidance...oops did I give away the ending.

Even God dont like us then. we become "reporbates"...can anyone say "iron rod"

been there,
    done that.
    got the whoopin to prove it.

Me2

6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

the wrath of God is for the unbelieving and disobedient....within his own family.[/B

Please show me in the New Testament where believers are subject ot the wrath of God.

Even God dont like us then

How sad you believe God's love towards you is determined by your works. You not only have bad spelling but also bad theology.

7. Me2

Me2 New Member

Grasshopper,

these people are saved..just not abiding in the spirit.

Rom 1:18 For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;
    Rom 1:19 Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed [it] unto them.

Rom 1:21 Because that, when they knew God, they glorified [him] not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    Rom 1:22 Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,

are you misunderstanding that one can only hear God if they have HIS spirit. they have heard at some time in a limited message but refused to continue to abide within the holy spirit.; they no longer were repentent also. they have also turned from seeing Jesus as their christ before God.

their saved yet have become reprobate.

Me2

8. Istherenotacause

Istherenotacause New Member

What false prophet taught you that ?

May I suggest you read the Bible for yourself and see if you can come up with that? Even the verses you've quoted refute what you're trying to say.

9. Me2

Me2 New Member

Did your preacher teach you that romans was about the bad world against the good church too.

the NT mainly centers around two groups of people within Gods family.

obedient and disobedient,
    vessels of wrath, and vessels of mercy.
    Jews and gentiles (law and Grace)

one group is described as obedient children abiding in the holy spirit. Christ is their high priest before their father.

and the other group. the disobedient children. cursed children.. have decided in their walk with the holy spirit to abandon the need of Christ as their high priest and think that learning about God can be as simple as reading a book.
    their flesh now believing that they can follow the rules within the pages of Gods Word(s).

Law vs Grace..thats the story within its pages.

we as believers are saved to choose to abide within the spirit and cannot communicate outside its domain. He teaches in two parts. Wisdom and understanding. He supplies our spiritual needs.
    But we also can choose not to follow his lead and Go find the "truth" by ourselves.

I can also add that the bible is like no other book in mankinds history. Its only useful if you have its translator within you. the Holy spirit. Your carnal mind cannot comprehend alone whats within its pages. Man cannot pick it up and understand its messages. even if remotely you could make out some meaning. its specifically written to be hidden from man without God interpreting its wisdom. it is sealed from mans carnal mind.

Its your hearing that justifies to yourself what I say is false or not. i wouldnt have said this if I didnt understand it.

Me2