1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Attempt to Kill Unborn Child Fails

Discussion in '2007 Archive' started by carpro, Nov 3, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/news/news.html?in_article_id=491443&in_page_id=1770

We're twinseparable! Happy with his brother, the boy who refused to die
    By LUCY LAING - More by this author ยป

Last updated at 01:09am on 3rd November 2007

They say twins share a strong bond - but the one between Gabriel and Ieuan Jones was unbreakable.

When doctors found that Gabriel was weaker than his brother, with an enlarged heart,and believed he was going to die in the womb, his mother Rebecca Jones had to make a heartbreaking decision.
    Doctors told her his death could cause his twin brother to die too before they were born, and that it would be better to end Gabriel's suffering sooner rather than later.

Mrs Jones decided to let doctors operate to terminate Gabriel's life.

Firstly they tried to sever his umbilical cord to cut off his blood supply, but the cord was too strong.
    They then cut Mrs Jones's placenta in half so that when Gabriel died, it would not affect his twin brother.
    But after the operation which was meant to end his life, tiny Gabriel had other ideas.
    Although he weighed less than a pound, he put up such a fight for survival that doctors called him Rocky.

Astonishingly, he managed to carry on living in his mother's womb for another five weeks - until the babies were delivered by caesarean section.

2. Pete

Pete New Member

Thanks carpro, close to best news I've seen all year :applause: :thumbs: I pray we could see a million times more of it :praying: :(

3. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Amazing story!

Thank you

4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The mother and doctors need to be hanged for attempted murder.

5. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Honestly, I'm not so sure about the mom. Let me tell you that those doctors can be SUPER convincing when you're pregnant. I was fortunate to have great pregnancies and a wonderful doctor but I've heard stories from friends who had unborn children with severe or possibly severe problems. Those doctors practically threatened the mothers with death if they didn't do something to terminate the pregnancy. Most of them didn't do anything and the horrible things that were predicted didn't come true. Some babies died in utero, some died shortly after birth, some were born with issues and some not. But to hear that you will lose both babies if you don't do anything - but you can save one baby if you do something, then many mothers would choose to try to save the one baby. So I don't necessarily fault the mother in this but I DO fault the doctors.

6. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It's all about potential liability in this lawsuit happy society, annsni.

There are barely enough obstetricians to go around now due to the cost of malpractice insurance.

I won't judge either of them. I just praise God this little fellow was not killed.