1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Attention All Baptist Men!

Discussion in '2000-02 Archive' started by tyndale1946, Nov 21, 2002.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Florida?... That has as much validity as a redneck from California doesn't it?... Brother Glen [​IMG] :D

2. RebelBaptist

RebelBaptist New Member

Gina, ma'am,

Well, like I said in my very first post, I am the liberal's worst nightmare: a redneck with a Master's Degree! So we'um sufistikated rednecks cin jus' be all falootin an'awl hah an mahty ;)

And Glen, suh, I will have you know that Florida was the third state to secede (January 10, 1861) and so one of the stars on the Flag is Florida! And not only that, but Tallahassee was the only state capital in the Confederacy, east of the Mississippi, that was not captured by Union forces. They were stopped from doing so by a rag-tag group of Confederates (from the what is now Florida State University) at the Battle of Natural Bridge (March, 1865). So yes, Florida is indeed a true Southern state! And besides, NEVER forget where Skynyrd is from! Jacksonville, Florida.

But I do see your point. Florida is almost completely yankee-fied once you get past Ocala.

From the Southland,
    Rebel [><]
    A true son of Flawduh [​IMG]