1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Auburn fans jeer new coaching choice

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by TomVols, Dec 14, 2008.

1. TomVols

TomVols New Member

2. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unless Auburn got someone like Urban Meyer, or Bob Stoops, or Mack Brown, or Pete Carroll I really don't think they can match their program up with Nick Saban and Alabama's.

3. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The only way they could is to strike it "rich" by getting an up-and-comer.

AU failed miserably with this hire. It excites no one except the ISU administration and fanbase.

4. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

Personally, I think that the football programs that toil both around Rocky Top and on the Plains have taken a huge leap backwards.

I'm kinda' happy that the Boys in Blue have Auburn on the schedule, for next year, as well as entertain the Orange at home. :thumbs:

I can fully assure you that I would much, much rather see the 'Cats face Gene Chizik and Lane Kiffin, especially in their first year, than either Tommy Tuberville or Phil Fulmer!

Ed

5. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I've been wrong more than I like to recall and hope for the fine folks at Auburn that I'm wrong again. I think they moved way down from Tommy. In my mind Auburn and Clemson are a lot alike and I believe Clemson has got what could be a good coach and I'm not so sure about Auburn.