1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Auburn's coach search

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by Bob Alkire, Dec 11, 2008.

1. Bob Alkire

Bob Alkire New Member

I read about these coaches that Auburn was looking at.
    Gill is among at least six candidates have interviewed for the Auburn job, according to The Birmingham News. The others reportedly include Tulsa coach Todd Graham, Louisiana Tech coach Derek Dooley, Ball State coach Brady Hoke, Georgia assistant Rodney Garner and Miami offensive coordinator Patrick Nix.

I didn't like Turner Gill when he was at Nebraska, because I was not pulling for Nebraska, shall I say he was just to good. It looks like he had done the same thing at Buffalo, turned the program around.

Would the ones who pull the strings go for Gill at Auburn? He isn't from their or a SEC school and as far as I know isn't know here in the south by most HS players. I just have a feeling that he might do a good job if they would bring him in.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Charles Barkley wants him merely on spec.

I'm surprised...okay, not really....that Auburn hasn't gotten so much as a sniff from some bigger names.

3. bobbyd

bobbyd New Member

I really was expecting to see Bobby Petrino in the mix. He has been at Arkansas for a full season...isn't that about the length of his average stay?