1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Aztecs and Their Crimes

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Aaron, Mar 19, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I thought Guatemala was home to the Mayan civilization, and the Aztecs were more central Mexico?

• Like Like x 1
  3. Internet Theologian

Internet Theologian Well-Known Member

Hmmm. Don't people use Scripture to say that we should allow all immigrants into our country no matter what, saying this is what the Jews did, this is what Jesus would do? IIRC all those in the OT times who wanted to be aligned with the Jews, who were strangers, that these had to submit and come into them under the same laws and ordinances as the Jews themselves. Why do people today believe immigrants do not have to submit to the laws of our land, and that if some demand they do submit to these laws, then said are to be considered 'racist' or 'intolerant'?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The borders were pretty fuzzy, I'm sure. I googled a map. It may have been accurate. Maybe not.

5. Rob_BW

Rob_BW Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yeah, and I am pretty unsure of the timeline. The Mayans may have been in steep decline before the Aztecs rose up.

6. Eric B

Eric B Active Member
    Site Supporter

Why is this even being blamed on Aztecs?O O They lived as a tribe centuries ago, and the descendants making up the modern nations had since mixed with several others (including the European settlers, their slaves, other intermixing of peoples, etc.)

• Agree Agree x 2