1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

B.J.U.

Discussion in 'Baptist Colleges & Seminaries' started by Bro. Curtis, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PackerBacker:
    While the person you wrote this to probably didn't appreciate this, It cracked me up big time when I sounded it out. First time I've heard that one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was amused somewhat by it but it was taken with a very large grain of (kosher) salt. To my disappointment, Thomas never addressed the questions in the post that prompted this remark. I was genuinely curious in why he brought the issues up in this discussion. It seemed that he was implying that BJU would have disagreed with that statement which I don't think at all would be the case. I was just wondering.

[ January 15, 2002: Message edited by: Pastor Larry ]

2. DocCas

DocCas New Member

While the person you wrote this to probably didn't appreciate this, It cracked me up big time when I sounded it out. First time I've heard that one.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>I am glad someone around here has a sense of humor! I thought I was the only one left! [​IMG]

3. PackerBacker

PackerBacker New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by This Little Light:

No support?? My support comes from their own actions and words [/URL]
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather than give us some link to check out, why not be your own apologist and support and defend your statements biblically. Unless you are Stephen Ross, step up to the plate and defend the position you took instead of pass us off to Mr. Ross. Offer me some Biblical evidence why I would not want to send my kids to BJU. Offer me biblical support that they are undercutting Fundamentalism. Back up your previous post about BJU being proud and ignorant.

You are entitled to your opinions here, but be ready to defend them without laying on us the martyrs cry.

4. This Little Light

This Little Light New Member

Because I agree with the statements that Mr. Stephen Ross and have researched the same, Why retype it all in.

And in response to the whole martyrs cry sarcasm bit you drag up. It is not so much in what was said, in fact what was said didn't even hurt me one bit. My reference was to the spirit it was said in. Your mean spirited sarcasm and comments only expose who is behind your words and motives.

Satan in the first book of the Bible Gen 3:1 questions God's Word "Yea, hath God said" and with the help of BJU has been able to keep that momentum going.

I don't have to prove myself to you in fact you didn't even ask the question. I have provided links and referances to materials that support my claim. I have wrote my own articles and posted links to them as well either in this thread or another. Go ahead and send you kids to BJU that is your decision I have said why I will not send mine.

Rather than give us some link to check out, why not be your own apologist and support and defend your statements biblically. Unless you are Stephen Ross, step up to the plate and defend the position you took instead of pass us off to Mr. Ross. Offer me some Biblical evidence why I would not want to send my kids to BJU. Offer me biblical support that they are undercutting Fundamentalism. Back up your previous post about BJU being proud and ignorant.

You are entitled to your opinions here, but be ready to defend them without laying on us the martyrs cry.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

5. paul hadik

paul hadik New Member

little light:

I spent 13 years of my life at Bob Jones. your evidence of their attack on the foundations of fundamentalism amazes me. To use the king's english, "thou speakest of that which thou knowest not of"

you libel, denigrate and rabbit trail, then cry foul at the spirit of the answers you receive.
    I recommend your reading anything written by Martin Luther.

As a faculty kid, and one who worked on security for 4 years I can highly recommend BJ to any parent. Yes, sometimes the emphasis on excellence can come across a bit arrogant to outsiders but the message is what is needed for young people. We are advertisements for God, is what we were taught every day. The Bible faculty is strong, the standards are impeachable. The care shown to my parents (who both died after long associations with the school) was amazing.
    I hope the school is around in 10 years for my firstborn to attend.

6. DocCas

DocCas New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paul hadik:
    I spent 13 years of my life at Bob Jones.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>13 years! Boy, were you dumb! :D

7. PackerBacker

PackerBacker New Member

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by This Little Light:

Your mean spirited sarcasm and comments only expose who is behind your words and motives.

Satan in the first book of the Bible Gen 3:1 questions God's Word "Yea, hath God said" and with the help of BJU has been able to keep that momentum going.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excuse me! Would you like to come right out and define who is behind my words and motives? Might there not be a mote in your eye, judging from these comments above?

8. This Little Light

Excuse me! Would you like to come right out and define who is behind my words and motives? Might there not be a mote in your eye, judging from these comments above?
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Sure I will define it for you. Your own fleshly anger makes you lash out.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: This Little Light ]

9. Siegfried

Siegfried Member

Little Light,

Would you mind sharing where you went to college/seminary?

I'm not going to try to use this information against you. I'm just curious.

10. paul hadik

paul hadik New Member

Thomas Cassidy:

yeah...and I didn't even mention the six years I spent in junior high!!

Unfortunately BJ has strict rules against cheating so yes, it did take me quite a while longer.

but give me some credit for perseverance!

11. DocCas

DocCas New Member

12. This Little Light

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by paul hadik:

Little Light,
    Would you mind sharing where you went to college/seminary?

I'm not going to try to use this information against you. I'm just curious.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    [​IMG]
    Here is a picture of my school, it is the same one that Charles Spurgeon went to. Do you know which one it is. It is called The Holy Bible lovingly known by those that love God to be the perfect, inspired, preserved, powerful, infallable Word of God.

So let me ask everyone here. . . Is it as good as BJU ? Is it better ? Is it worse ?

If some one who went to MY school and no other institution came to your church could they preach, or would they not meet the education standard needed to fill your pulpit?

I believe this is the school where Peter, Paul, John the Baptist and many others got their education.

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: This Little Light ]

13. Pioneer

Pioneer Guest

Why I don't like BJU:

BJU is not a Baptist institution and never has been

BJU is not under the authority of a local church and never has been

BJU is not honest in their position on the Bible version issue and never has been (I read their position statement years ago and it was full of contradictions)

BJU graduates (the ones that I have met) are not honest with their position on the Bible version issue either and never have been

BJU does not take a stand on when the Lord will return and leans heavilily towards post-millenialism or a-millenialism

14. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Pioneer:
    BJU is not a Baptist institution and never has been<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Only partially true. I have already cited a source where this is refuted by the Provost. Take it or leave but don't continue to repeat it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>BJU is not under the authority of a local church and never has been<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

At least you got one out of five right.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>BJU is not honest in their position on the Bible version issue and never has been (I read their position statement years ago and it was full of contradictions)

BJU graduates (the ones that I have met) are not honest with their position on the Bible version issue either and never have been<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The fact that you do not like it does not mean it is dishonest. I do not think you understand the issues. That is why you do not like it.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>BJU does not take a stand on when the Lord will return and leans heavilily towards post-millenialism or a-millenialism<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Name one professor who is post mill or amill. In fact, I will widen the challenge and urge you to name one professor who is historic premill.

15. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    There has been way too many personal attacks off subject on this thread. I am closing it now and suggest the final post be the start of a new thread on the "theology" of BJU. (if anyone so desires)

Most moderators close subjects now after 2-3 pages, since they find this same problem. I am considering adopting that policy, too.