1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Back from China

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by On the Edge, Sep 19, 2006.

1. On the Edge

On the Edge New Member

I've been busy lately but now I'm back on. It's almost been a month since i've gotten back from China. I went with 14 other College-age students on a 10 day visit of Beijing and Harbin, China. It was an amazing trip. We saw so much potentiel in reaching the 1.3 billion Chinese who've never heard the Gospel.

Our last night in Beijing we met with two Chinese Christian who were training under a missionary friend of ours. Their plea was for us to come to China to train national pastors. You can speak of how many people are in Beijing (12 million) and Harbin (10 million) but i was astounded at all the people I saw.

Pray for laborers for the nation of China.

2. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is a wonderful testimony, On the Edge. Praise the Lord for your burden for Asia.

An interesting side note: Harbin is a sister city of our town, Asahikawa, Hokkaido, Japan.

By the way, what does the Chinese character you are using for your "avatar" mean? Am I right that it means "opportunity?"

3. Su Wei

Su Wei Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    hey! that's my dear husband's guess too. ji1 as in ji1 hui4 : opportunity.
    Wow JoJ. You good. Your japanese is formidable!

4. El_Guero

El_Guero New Member

JoJ is good, but Chinese characters are formidable in any language . . . IMHO

:saint:

5. John of Japan

John of Japan Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Formidable!! Yes.

Missionary Sam jumped off a cliff, Bill is now in the looney bin, Jim returned to the homeland and sells siding in Yazoo City. Only John was dumb enough to decide he likes those little squiggles! :tonofbricks:

6. On the Edge

On the Edge New Member

Yes it means oppurtunity, there is a great oppurtunity in China right now. In '08 especially, China will have to loosen up when the olympics arrive.