1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Back To Hard Core Debate

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by GordonSlocum, Feb 23, 2007.

1. GordonSlocum

GordonSlocum New Member

Yes Jesus Loves Me Song

Calvinist - Would you let your Children Listen to this song?

http://www.kcstuff.com/Jesus-Loves-Me/Jesus_Loves_Me.htm

Jesus loves me this I know
    For the bible tells me so
    Little ones to him belong
    They are weak but He is strong

Jesus loves me He who died
    Heaven gates to open wide
    He will wash away my sin
    Let this little child come in.

Jesus loves me He will stay
    Close beside me all the way
    He’s prepared a home for me
    And some day His face I will see

#1 GordonSlocum, Feb 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  2. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==As if we needed more evidence to show that you don't understand Calvinism...:laugh:

3. donnA

donnA Active Member

I don't see anything anti calvinist in it. I agree with Martin, I don't think you fully understand calvinism.

4. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I don't mind teaching that song to my children and grandchildren, and them passing it on.

Having said that, I am reminded of a church that a good friend of mine of the Reformed Baptist/New Covenant side told me about.

This church, also Reformed Baptist, excludes all children of their members from any of the services, and has set aside a nursery/playground with watchers for them.

The rationale is that since these children, at that point, have not given evidence of conversion, then they are pagans.

A little too extreme, don't you think ?

But, could there be some grain of truth there also ?

What do you think ?

5. Dale-c

Dale-c Active Member

no kidding!

Utterly senseless and not worth responding to!

6. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Yawn. Been there. Done that. Got the T-Shirt.

7. Disgruntled UK Baptist

Absolutely.

8. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Martin;
    I thought this was an interesting statement. As if the understanding of Calvinism somehow makes one special. The reason Calvinism isn't understandable is because it isn't scriptural. It just doesn't line up with scripture at all.
    MB

9. donnA

donnA Active Member

In your opinion.
    Either way it is no excuse to misrepresent what other people believe, to make claims Calvinists aren't saved, which we've seen over and over again.

10. J.D.

J.D. Active Member
    Site Supporter

Hello Pinoybaptist - I'm curious, what does "New Covenant side" mean? I've never heard that terminology.

It seems extreme to me to separate the kids like that. I'm assuming that that church believes that the gospel is only for those that show some evidence of being drawn?

11. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

It would make a difference who was singing it...no? Can a reprobate child sing it?

12. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Donna;
    Maybe this wasn't meant for me I don't know because it wasn't addressed. The basic doctrine of Christ isn't Calvinism. Hopefully we all believe that Christ is the Son of God. No matter how one arrives at this belief. If this belief is true then you are saved. The Bible plainly says so. It doesn't say you have to be completely correct on the process as long as the result is the same. It doesn't say you have to have perfect understanding either as long as you believe in Him. There are many Calvinist on this message board that I believe really are saved even though we might disagree on the process. Scripture says;
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    If you believe and have confessed it. You're saved! The particulars of the process isn't what saves us except for belief and confession
    MB

13. pinoybaptist

pinoybaptist Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    MB:

Then you don't know what Christ taught. I'm not saying that He is a Calvinist or that His basic doctrine is Calvinism.
    But Christ did teach that there are certain people whom He refers to as The Elect.
    Christ taught this.
    Paul taught this.
    Peter wrote about them.

#13 pinoybaptist, Feb 23, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2007
  14. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==Actually there are many people who "understand" the teachings of Calvinism. Clearly you are not one of them otherwise you would not have said that it "isn't understandable". I believe Calvinism lines up better with Scripture than any other system I have seen.

15. Charles Meadows

Charles Meadows New Member

I think most of the problem with calvinism is people not understanding it. And that includes its practitioners as well as its detractors.

16. MB

MB Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hi Pinoybaptist;
    If this is true then you should prove it with scripture.
    MB

17. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

right you are...100%

18. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

If you would be so kind to point to the reprobate child I will answer. As far as I know only God knows who they are...unless you to say you do. Then that would make two that know.

yet another strawman

19. Rex77

Rex77 Member

MB quote
    ----------------------------------------
    Hopefully we all believe that Christ is the Son of God. No matter how one arrives at this belief. If this belief is true then you are saved. The Bible plainly says so. It doesn't say you have to be completely correct on the process as long as the result is the same. It doesn't say you have to have perfect understanding either as long as you believe in Him. There are many Calvinist on this message board that I believe really are saved even though we might disagree on the process. Scripture says;
    Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
    If you believe and have confessed it. You're saved! The particulars of the process isn't what saves us except for belief and confession
    MB

-------------------------------------------

Amen.

20. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You mean to tell me that there has NEVER been a child that sang that song who died without Christ? Hardly a strawman...