1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Back to School Sermon

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by brackinja, Aug 4, 2007.

1. brackinja

brackinja New Member

Does anyone have any illustrations or sermons for a back to school sermon?

2. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

Years ago I used this text with subject, "the disciples went back to school"

John 20:19 Then the same day at evening, being the first day of the week, when the doors were shut where the disciples were assembled for fear of the Jews, came Jesus and stood in the midst, and saith unto them, Peace be unto you.
    20 And when he had so said, he shewed unto them his hands and his side. Then were the disciples glad, when they saw the Lord.

I forget my three points but the essence;

They thought school was over after Christ had died but it was really just a break so they went behind closed doors out of fear and to comtemplate what to do with their education. School seemed over because it appeared the instructor had died. Even after three years of intense learning the disciples still had more to learn. The disciples went back to school and they rejoiced for the safety of the classroom.

Their post graduate learning was to commissioned them which is what we do with knowledge. First the breath of the spirit then telling Peter to feed my sheep, the great commission etc...

There is a time to learn so learn well in learning time (ecl 3) because when the learning days are over etc...