1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Back to School

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by FriendofSpurgeon, Aug 31, 2009.

1. FriendofSpurgeon

FriendofSpurgeon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

It's back to school time. Here, high school started two weeks ago and college started last week. Has school already started in your area soon? Any major changes this year for anyone??

2. BigBossman

BigBossman Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    School has been starting here about the second week in August, which is crazy. I'm glad that they never did that to me when I was growing up. My belief is that summer ends in September (unofficially after Labor Day). That's when school should begin. I also believe that school shouldn't let out until early June. On average, school would let out around June 7th. Now it seems to let out around the end of May.

As far as changes go, I know that both the Mobile County & Baldwin County school boards have been trying to make cuts on their budget. I can't say that I blame them. I would rather see them make budget cuts than to see them impose more taxes on us.

3. following-Him

following-Him Active Member

I lost my place on my masters course because the course finished before I could complete the course due to Rob being in and out of hospital. I am now looking for another place to study now that I know I can get some help as a carer.
    Terms will start late September - early October here.

Blessings

following-Him

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here in Onondaga County, school begins the Tues, Wed or Thurs during the week of Labor Day.

There are 15 independent School districts in the county and each district individually decides on the school calender - as long as the district gets the minimum number of instructional days (180) in before the New York High School Regents begins in mid June. Jr Hi and elementary schools end on/about 20 Jun.

5. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Community college started 2 weeks ago, state colleges started last week. Public schools started this week, and most private schools start the Tuesday after Labor Day. Having three kids, all at varying age from middle school to college, I'm singing that famous christmas song: It's the most wonderfule time of the year!!!