1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bacon eaters! Do you see?

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by steaver, Apr 19, 2010.

?
  1. yes

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  2. no

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Heavenly Pilgrim

Heavenly Pilgrim New Member

HP: This question to me is preposterous if in fact there are no conditions to salvation. If I was required to do something, that would be the fulfilling of a condition, of which you say there are none. Asking the question would appear to me simply more of those "creative semantics."

#321 Heavenly Pilgrim, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
  2. billwald

billwald New Member

When I inherited a few bucks from my mother I didn't have to "do anything with it" but I could have refused to cash the check - or formally refused the the inheritance by writing the lawyer.

3. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: We do not inherit salvation as one would inherit a few bucks. We are granted the hope of salvation when, and not before, we fulfill the stated conditions of repentance and faith. We are not given salvation to reject. We are offered the hope of receiving salvation IF we will be obedient to the conditions of repentance and faith.

#323 Heavenly Pilgrim, May 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2010
  4. BobRyan

BobRyan Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I am not arguing that there is no such thing as being irresponsible when someone gives you something - my argument is that the requirement to BE responsible in the scenario I provided would NOT be translated even in real life as "EARNING" the 2 million dollar home and property. It would still be viewed as a GIFT as long as it was given to you and all future expenses paid.

The idea that a person "mowed the grass this week so I earned this 2million dollar property" would not be a well-reasoned idea that anyone would accept in this life - or in the age to come.

Thus the Eph 2:8-10 text showing that as Christians we have both purpose and responsibility does not turn salvation into something other than a free gift.

in Christ,

Bob

5. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

HP: I (IMHO) your list of "freewill, choice" etc. I do not consider to be creative semantics, but as I read the scriptures they appear to very clear principles and properties with regard to our relationship with God.

6. Heavenly Pilgrim

HP: I agree whole heartily. :thumbsup: I believe God has laid down crystal clear conditions of salvation, without which we shall not see the Lord.

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

This thread needs to be closed as it has far exceeded its limit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.