1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bad Month for the Administration?

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Don, Nov 13, 2013.

1. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/nov/13/boehner-house-wont-negotiate-senate-immigration/

I found the bolded statement amusing; since that's exactly what the House did in passing the ACA.

However, I have to wonder how the Administration is feeling right now; healthcare.gov is a disaster and probably will NOT be fixed by the deadline of November 30; the publicity from the cancellation of millions of insurance policies is killing approval ratings; and now the immigration issue is on hold (yes, we can blame the Republican House for that one, but it's still a set-back for the Administration's promises to the American people).

2. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think it's going to be like what TND said in another post--Obama will be a lame duck president even before the mid-term elections of 2014. I can't remember that ever happening in my lifetime.

3. thisnumbersdisconnected

Yeah, when the Great Pretender clones were in control of that chamber, as well as the Senate. The Republicans wanted to read it into the record, all 2,800 pages. Of course Nancy "We've got to pass the bill to see what's in the bill" Pelosi overruled that idea.