1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bad news for McCain: Bush ties Historic Low

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by YOUTUBECANBESAVED, Oct 2, 2008.

1. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

The CBS News poll found that President Bush had tied the presidential record for a low approval rating — 22 percent, matching Harry S. Truman’s Gallup approval rating in 1952, when the country was mired in the Korean War and struggling with a stagnant economy. That finding put a new premium on Mr. McCain’s effort to distance himself from Mr. Bush, and suggests that Mr. Bush will continue to be a prominent figure in the Obama campaign’s advertisements attacking Mr. McCain.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2008/10/01/opinion/polls/main4492043.shtml

It seems as Bush drops so does John McCain, I think America still has that visual of the two of them tide at the hip and the infamous hug.

22 percent ties Harry S. Truman which I find surprising. Was he at that level for long, Bush looks like it could get worse.

It will be interesting to see what Bush approval is as this rescue plan continues to unfold, he has gotten terrible marks for selling it and seeming to be un inspiried to do anything or having the ability to inspire, I think he has given up more not that he tried very hard at all.

[​IMG]