1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Bad Precedent

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Aaron, Sep 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think Millennial Exclusion is heretical, just like Christian Zionism, Dispensationalism, Evolution, KJVOism, and the list goes on. One thing that set the Baptist Board apart from others was that we were free to discuss these ideas as long as a certain decorum was observed. Now that distinction is gone.

I think this is a bad precedent, but it's your yard. If one is going to play in it, he's gotta play by your rules. But now he wonders who will be next?

2. donnA

donnA Active Member

A lot has changed on the BB in the last year or two. Not all changes have been good. But their the rules we've been given.

3. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

It seems to me that ME along with other beliefs gives us the chance to defend our beliefs by using scripture. If we can not debate them with scripture and prove them wrong by most, then why would they be excluded.
    I certainly did not agree with the ME doctrine, but for the most part they debated with scripture and not opinions. I never found it hard to produce scripture that defeated their argument, at least in my eyes.
    I agree, with the OP with the exception of KJVOism being hertic. We have an article of faith that we use the KJV only. So you see if we look hard enough, we could call everyone heretic. According to the OP, I just admitted to being one on the KJVOism. It was the call of the owners to exclude ME, for it is their board, I am just expressing my opinion, but if not careful, BB will be on a downward trend and soon no one left to debate.

BBob,

#3 Brother Bob, Sep 1, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 1, 2007
  4. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Dispensationalism is now heretical?!? There goes about 75% of the BB if that is the case.

5. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

Got me to Web; on the KJVOism. Except me personally, I use them all, and then end up with the KJV.

6. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You are not KJVO. You are a KJVIUTAATEUWTKJV

(KJV I use them all, and then end up with the KJV.)

7. Brandon C. Jones

Brandon C. Jones New Member

Baptists relying on "traditional orthodox Christian teaching" to label others as heretics? That's rich! :laugh:

8. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

oh yes. Two months ago their amnesty of heretical doctrine better known as HD, ran out and they are now heretic level one. :)

9. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    :thumbsup: Now that was a good one!

10. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

Should I put the "banned" under my name now...or wait? :D

11. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

sorry web...

I just used the last banned sticker

12. webdog

webdog Active Member
    Site Supporter

You use stickers!?! No wonder. Now how am I ever going to get that marker off my screen...

13. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

I copy and pasted it so I can study it for a while.

:applause: :applause: :laugh:

14. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

ok you got me on that one...haha

maybe we better stop before we do get banned. :)

15. Brother Bob

Brother Bob New Member

They just give you all a warning, they will hang me!!!!

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

This just in........[​IMG]

all people who disagree with me are hereby banned until further notice.

:laugh:

Seriously, certain doctrines are heretical. The ME's did not believe in the all suffiency of Christ's atoning blood, thereby calling into question Christ's authority and power which ultimately calls into question His diety.

It's no different in my mind than allowing atheists to push their garbage. It has no place on Christian board. But that just my opinion. Ultimately, it is the administrators' call. I just happen to agree with them on this one.

17. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

This is a private board, and they have the right to set whatever standards they choose. If they said tomorrow that Calvinism was banned, one would either abide by it or move somewhere else.

18. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I think the precedent was set in scripture, not here. I think BB did the right thing.

19. Benjamin

Benjamin Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A big difference between the ME doctrine and the others being compared here from the OP.

I thought the BB was pretty darn gracious in allowing the false ME doctrine to continue here and I wondered why it was allowed to go on so long figuring that maybe it was so these proselytizers would see the truth. Many on here thoroughly disputed their doctrines with the truth of scripture only to witness outlandish squirming out of desperation to skate by these truths in order to hold to their false teachings, which for reasons known to them, that I dare say involve the pride of having “special” private cosmic understanding into this systematic heretical teaching that dangerously denied the sufficiency of Christ’s death on the cross for the propitiation of sin by grace through faith + nothing with a bunch of double-talk.

They were defiantly preaching “another” gospel (clearly addressed in Galatians) and often with what I perceived as a deceitful wink of the eye to those who didn’t yet know what they were proclaiming to PM them for more info…(proselytizing this false doctrine at every opportunity) So a good decision on the part of this board IMO!

I’ll stand by what I coarsely stated back at the beginning of June after relenting about my previously having stepped back from engaging in further confrontations (after a claim that the SBC was approving) against this ever rising issue here:

“Frankly, I seriously doubt that very few if any SBC or any others here buy into this double-tongued, two salvation spitting, protestant purgatory drivel, or these, what I would call: “private interpretations with obvious agendas which include hidden forms of works based salvation; (although I’m sure it will be denied by those advocating this “other gospel” apart from grace with more double-talk), anyways, MY answer is: “No, it is plainly heretical ME tripe, clearly against the teachings of the Protestant faith for good reason!” AND I see on other Christian boards this ME doctrine is classified as being BANDED right along with “Oneness” “Mormonism” “JW” and “Catholicism”, WHY it this teaching being allowed to be PROSELYTIZED here, I don’t know!”

Although I appreciate the freedoms we have on this board, I believe this act was necessary, and long overdue, again a long awaited and respected decision!

20. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Very well said. Amen.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.