1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bait and switch

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have no idea what Happy thinks. Let's see if s/he can tell us.

2. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    She has stated that Jesus was not really human, and there is no eternal Hell!

3. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Which thread?

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One on Satans demons and eternal torment!

5. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Bait and switch?
    Is that those old Starkist Tuna commercials where Charlie is going for the hook that says Starkist, then it's pulled away and replaced by another that says "Sorry Charlie?"

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Mankinds outer look, likeness, appearance..... IS what "we" see. It is a form, a shape, a body, "formed" "shaped" by God.

Gen 1
    [26] And God said, Let us <---God make man <--human in our <---God image, after our <---God likeness:

Gen 2
    [7] And the LORD God formed man..<---human

Pss.51
    [5] Behold, I <---human was shapen in iniquity;

Ex 33
    [20] ...shall no man <---human see me, <---God and live.

John 5
    [
    37] ....Ye <--human have neither heard his <---God voice at any time, nor seen his <---God shape.

John 6
    [46] Not that any man <--human hath seen the Father, <--God save
    he <-- Jesus which is of God, he <--Jesus hath seen the Father.<--God

Heb 10
    [5] Wherefore when he <---Jesus cometh into the world, ... a body hast thou <---God prepared me: <--Jesus

Phil 2
    [5] Let this mind be in you, which was also in
    Christ Jesus:
    [6] Who, being in the form of God,

Phil 2
    [7]...took upon him <--Jesus the form of a servant, <---man

John 8
    [23] ....I <-- Jesus am from above... I <---Jesus am not of this world.

John 8
    [42] Jesus said ... I proceeded forth and came from God...

John 16
    [27] ... I <--- Jesus came out from God.

John 14
    [7] If ye <-- Thomas had known me,<--Jesus ye <--Thomas should have known my Father<--God also: and from henceforth ye <--Thomas know him, <--God and have seen him. <--God

1 TIm 3
    [16] And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God <--Jesus was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory.

2 Cor 5
    16] Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more.

Aren't "human" bodies out of the earth?
    Doesn't Scripture say Jesus came forth out from God?
    Doesn't Scripture repeatedly say God is in Heaven?

"just something" ? No. A perfectly prepared body, with perfect blood, that God sent to into the world, to take on the sins of the world and then die....FOR the LIFE of the world.

John.6

1. [51] I am the living bread which came down from heaven: if any man eat of this bread, he shall live for ever: and the bread that I will give is my flesh, which I will give for the life of the world.
    John 1
    [10] He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

#26 Happy, Jun 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Congratulations. It sounds like you have presented us with the very serious heresy of Docetism.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is this your view?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well IF Scripture is heresy to you, so be it.

10. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You have a problem with what Scripture says and I agree with?

11. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    How would you describe the Scriptural featured characteristic of thee Holy Spirit?

POWER

Luke 4:14 And Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit...

Acts 1:8
    but you will receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you;

Luke 1:35 The angel answered and said to her, "The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Most High will overshadow you;

The HOLY SPIRIT IS the POWER of GOD.

Any clue, you know the NAME of the POWER of God?

Can you answer, or would you rather just call me names? :Rolleyes

12. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Doesn't scripture notify you Jesus came forth out from God, in Heaven?
    Doesn't scripture notify you the Power of the Holy Spirit came upon Mary's VIRGIN womb?
    Doesn't scripture notify you Mary became conceived (pregnant) in her Womb?

Doesn't the Law of nature notify you women are pregnant for 9 months?
    Doesn't scripture notify you according to the LAW, when Jesus came forth out of Mary's womb...
    ......something ALIVE came forth from something ALIVE, and He was called BORN?
    Doesn't scripture notify you according to the LAW, Jesus was Mary's LEGAL Son?

Doesn't scripture notify you, JESUS came to FULFILL the LAW?
    Did Jesus fulfill the LAW of mankind?
    In Mary's womb, 9 months? came forth out of her womb, called born?
    According to Jewish Law, (of the Mother), the child is Jewish? the Mother IS His LEGAL Mother?
    According to Jewish Law, (of the Father), the child IS the LEGAL Son of the Father?
    According to Roman Law, (the Mother and Father), are the child's LEGAL Parents?

Doesn't Jesus fulfilling THOSE LAWS, MAKE HIM, (a Jew, with Jewish parents ) eligible to LAWFULLY SIT on King David's (everlasting) THRONE?

You spend so much time simply repeating yourself, calling me names, trying to MAKE the Lord of lords equal with you; a human made of dust, instead of reading what scripture says, and seeking God FOR HIS understanding.

13. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I speak very precisely.
    If you are looking for something that "makes sense", you are trying to understand with your "carnal mind".
    Gods understanding is Spiritual.
    It is He ONLY who gives His understanding.
    I can tell you, I can give you scriptures that parallel what I say, but I can not understand it for you.
    It is obvious many on this forum simply parrot what they have been told, and severely lack understanding and thus resort to name calling, as if, that is justification for their own stubbornness and ignorance.

2Tim.2
    1. [7] Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things.
    Rom.8
    [7] Because the carnal mind is enmity against God:

14. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    And I'm straight out telling you ~ IF I want my name associated with "NAME TAGS", how about you let ME decide what is appropriate?

15. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I was pretty clear. Humans are dust of the earth. Jesus came out from God. Don't you trust scripture?

You can't be serious!

Do you NOT KNOW what was IN God and Came forth out from God?

Isa.45
    1. [23] I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.
    Isa.55
    1. [11] So shall my word be that goeth forth out of my mouth: it shall not return unto me void, but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing whereto I sent it.
    Do you NOT KNOW the WORD of GOD IS GOD?

John 1

[1] In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

16. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not say this with any pleasure or sense of superiority, but as someone calling you to the truth. The scripture condemns your view as antichrist:

1 John 4:1-3
    Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God; and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and now it is already in the world.

You have made a classic error that is quite understandable. Now it is time to reconsider your position, seek the whole counsel of God and the guidance of the community of faith and move into a biblical position.

17. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Holy Spirit enabled the incarnate ("in flesh") Jesus to perform His ministry and enables the church to do so today, but the Spirit is a PERSON, not a force. The Father, the Son, and the Spirit are God.

18. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was in error. Some things you had written reminded me of conversations I have had with Mormons regarding the nature of God. It appears that you are actually entrapped in the Docetic heresy, with at least a touch of modalism (your view of the Spirit as a power).

Labels are appropriate so that we can adequately talk about a thing. Do you deny Docetism? If so, that would be a good thing.

You should note that I have not jumped to conclusions. I have waited for you to tell us what you believe.

#38 Baptist Believer, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
  19. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jesus was born in human flesh, the natural child of Mary.

John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh..."

Romans 8:3 - "...He condemned sin in the flesh."

1 Timothy 3:16 - "...He who was revealed in flesh..."

Hebrews 2:14 - "Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil"

1 John 4:12 - "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God."

I ask that of you.

20. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

I say this directly to you.

I have provided you explicit Scriptures that my view, trust and belief parallels.

You have made your personal opinions clear, with your snarky implications and comments, that you do not agree with my belief in the scriptures as I explicitly paralleled my belief toward.

And precisely what is your ignorant purpose for quoting me scripture that I have already made abundantly clear I have already fulfilled?

You presenting yourself as my teacher is laughable.
    You somehow think a person who surpassed the obstacles along the path, trusting Christ, following after Christ, in fellowship with Christ, should fall back behind you? follow after you? mimic your words? be like you, without understanding?
    and pretend the remedy for obstacles on the path is to shove others out of the way, and give them disparaging comment as you attempt to further yourself along the path?

Seriously, you should stop parroting what has tickled your ears and start a discovery mission of what it means to do the WILL of the Father.

Because you are not alone. Jesus gives an express example of those whose understanding sorely lacked, and thought all they required was Jesus' name to do the Fathers WILL.

Matt 7
    [21] Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.
    [22] Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
    [23] And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.

Matt 15
    [16] And Jesus said, Are ye also yet without understanding?

Prov 3
    [5] Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

Don't lecture me on where to put my trust.
    I have made it abundantly clear where I put my trust.
    Don't lecture me on whose understanding I should lean on.
    I have made it abundantly clear whose understanding I lean on.

Your carnal minded lectures mean nothing to me.

Rom 8
    1. [7]....the carnal mind is enmity against God: