1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Bait and switch

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by agedman, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You misunderstand, we want to know is what you personally think. Simply quoting scripture does not tell us what you think because there are many views of doctrine. We want to know how you view it. We can only know that by thorough explanation by you.

Telling others they only parrot what they have been told is not in evidence and you cannot know. Disagreeing with you is not evidence of that. However, doing that makes you guilty of the informal fallacy of ad hominem. Let's deal with the scripture and a full explanation of what your belief is. Leave the other things aside. Right now it is perceived that you hold to a heretical view of Jesus. We may be wrong but it is hard to tell since you avoid giving full explanation. Any further avoidance on this will affirm our understanding of your belief.

#41 Revmitchell, Jun 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2017
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    "but the Spirit is a PERSON, not a force"

You should learn and understand, before you attempt to TEACH.

This "not a force" you speak of; this "enabler" you speak of; "PERSON" you speak of;.....

IS Precisely thee supreme POWER.

Nothing exists, Nothing occurs WITHOUT "POWER".

3. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, and I understand why you are interpreting them that way. The scriptures you have provided are completely compatible with the scriptures I have quoted. The scriptures I have quoted are not compatible with your interpretation though. Therefore, your interpretation is mistaken.

Forgive me, I did not intend any snark. This is deadly serious stuff, greater than you or me or our differences.

You have not fulfilled any scripture. Jesus has come in human flesh. To say otherwise is damnable heresy and a very serious thing.

I present to you the scriptures:

John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh..."

Romans 8:3 - "...He condemned sin in the flesh."

1 Timothy 3:16 - "...He who was revealed in flesh..."

Hebrews 2:14 - "Therefore, since the children share in flesh and blood, He Himself likewise also partook of the same, that through death He might render powerless him who had the power of death, that is, the devil"

1 John 4:12 - "By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God."

Please deal with the scripture I have presented. Jesus has come in human flesh.

#43 Baptist Believer, Jun 22, 2017
  4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is yet another vague post, it appears you are either being vague intentionally or you are talking past BB. Another way to say what BB said is that the Holy Ghost has power but "is" a person. It is improper to say the Holy Ghost is a force or is power. That is what the Holy Ghost does and has but it is not who He is. Do you agree?

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Already have.

That is not ONLY what I said.

I said what I believe. I provided a few scriptures that I base my beliefs on. What is your confusion?

I did not make that comment as evidence for my faith.
    I made that comment after observing the evidence in their posts!

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see so understand this post is clearly avoidance and obfuscation. We are not affirming that your view (unless otherwise explained by you) is heresy. Any further posting of this heretical view will be reported.

7. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    RevMitchell and I disagree on many things and are rarely completely unified in matters of doctrine and practice. However, this is a non-negotiable and fundamental issue of the Christian faith. You are clearly outside of Christian teaching when you deny that Jesus has come in human flesh. It is antichrist (1 John 4:3).

We are NOT saying that you are outside the grace of God. You may sincerely be a disciple of Jesus, but you are in serious error. Rejection of humble and careful assistance from other Christians in this serious error undermines your claim to be a disciple.

Saying this, I need to point out that when I was making my spiritual journey from agnosticism to Christian faith, the nature of Jesus is something I had to work through. The doctrine of incarnation (that Jesus was fully God and fully human in human flesh/form) was difficult to comprehend, but I took the whole counsel of scripture as my guide, using the clear passages that spoke of Jesus being flesh and blood, just as we are (see Hebrews 2:14), to interpret the passages that used the words, "form of a servant", "proceeded forth", "came out" and "form of God", as also affirming the humanity of Jesus. Along that journey from agnosticism to Christian faith, I was certainly in the realm of discipleship with Jesus already, even through my understanding of the faith had not caught up to my obedience.

In the same way, FOR THE SAKE OF JESUS AND YOUR OWN SOUL, I beg you to be obedient to Christ by laying down antagonism toward those of us here with whom you don't get along and take seriously the plain teaching of scripture regarding the human nature of Jesus. You are ultimately not accountable to me or to RevMitchell, but to Jesus at the end of the age. But as His representatives to you today, we ask that you lay down your defensiveness and take a careful and rational look at the evidence that has been provided.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

9. Baptist Believer

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not been "attempting to imply" it, I have been boldly stating it because it is the biblical position.

Jesus, in His incarnation, shared the same flesh and blood and the rest of humankind.

Since His resurrection, He has a transformed body which the rest of us do not have yet, but that is a different issue.

Let me state it again, Jesus was of the same flesh and blood as the rest of humanity.

By the way, when I said you had not fulfilled any scripture, what I mean is that you are not a biblical figure that fulfills scripture. You are not John the Baptist, nor Jesus, Judas, nor likely any great antichrist figure of Revelation. Even if you were, that hasn't happened yet so you haven't fulfilled it.

#49 Baptist Believer, Jun 22, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

No you don't see. You want to dictate the rules for me, but excuse yourself from the same standard.
    That's fine if you want to claim you are not affirming your claim against me, while making your claim against me. LOL oxymoron!

That's fine if you can file a report without proof of your claims, and such a report only requires your accusations....LOL
    seriously, some of the nonsense people say on this forum is fit for a comedy stage.

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  11. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now that the thread has not only run off the tracks, but laid a road to itself, perhaps revisiting the op would be beneficial.

The thread was to show what bait and switch methods the worldly folks would attempt to show that God uses, and perhaps give some rebuttal thinking.

12. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

13. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian

14. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    1 John 4:[3] ...Jesus Christ is come in the flesh...

You do not see YOUR OWN ADDITION to Scripture?

15. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Person ~
    a human being regarded as an individual.

Gen 1
    [2] And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

the Spirit of God ~

So, is this according to you....one Person or two Persons (Spirit and God).....
    And what is the purpose of the Spirit of God presence?

• Prayers Prayers x 1
  16. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bible teaches to us that Jesus was sinless human....

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If not as human, what was he then?

18. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Your revelations disagrees with the scriptures, so are not from God!

19. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    The Bible teaches that Jesus is the Sinless Lord from Heaven.

20. Happy

Happy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    He Was, IS and Will be; King of kings, and Lord of lords.

Heb.13
    1. [8] Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for ever.
    1Tim.6
    1. [15] Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed and only Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords;