1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baldwin: Congressman Paul Right on Abortion Issue

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Sep 27, 2007.

1. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK Thanks.

One has to be realistic about these sort of things. While a Constitutional Amendment is the only way to completely bar abortion, we have to realize that it's just not going to happen.

Returning the decision to the states would could at least be a step in the right direction, but it too could be challenged and over-ruled by SCOTUS.

2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Baloney, to the brim. President Bush had SIX years of a Republican White House, a Republican Congress, and a conservative Supreme Court to counteract Roe vs Wade.

Talk about abortion comes around election time, as it is then that pseudo-conservatives like Bush pander to the Christian vote. Don't you think America is sick and tired of phoney Republicans pounding the podium about family values, morality and the like for votes. Then enter Mr. Light in the Loafers Craig, Mr. I Need More than my Wife Vitter, and Mr Let the Government Remodel my House Stevens.

One expects this out of Democrats. Republicans are just as bad, only they lie about it. And you wonder why the Democrats are going to win next year?

Duh.

#22 saturneptune, Sep 29, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 29, 2007