1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baldwin: This is the Beginning of a Movement

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by KenH, Dec 17, 2007.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quoting a portion of Chuck Baldwin's latest column:

"Ron Paul, and Ron Paul alone, will bring a revolution of freedom and independence to America. Believe me, the Ron Paul revolution is bigger than Ron Paul. This is the beginning of a movement.

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]No matter what ultimately happens to Ron Paul's candidacy, the fight to return America to its roots of freedom and independence has started. The fire is lit. There is no putting it out. There will be other Ron Pauls, other campaigns, other spokesmen, other fundraising. The people supporting Ron Paul will not be silenced; they will not be ignored; they will not be intimidated. In truth, Ron Paul's campaign may just be the beginning of the end of the elitist, globalist, stranglehold over America.[/FONT]

[FONT=Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif]As one who is also fed up with the globalist goons that dominate the two major parties, I join the Ron Paul revolution and vow to fight for the rest of my life for the freedom and independence of these United States. This means I will never again support a business-as-usual, millionaires-club, globalist toady from either party ever again! I will only support candidates who are fully committed to restoring constitutional government. If that makes me a kook, so be it."[/FONT]​

- you can read the whole column here:

Amen, brother Baldwin.

God bless Ron Paul and God bless these United States of America and restore liberty throughout our land!!!!

May it be so, Lord.

Amen.

2. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

Ron Paul policy is good if almost all of the citizens are christians. But America is not anymore. Lawlessness and other criminal activities abound now.

Enough liberty for christian is ok, as they use their liberty for good. But for unbelievers and ungodly this is not true. They use their liberty as a licence to do anything they believe is right for them. The government must have to resist them. The government must bear the sword and implement stricter laws to achieve a better society.

#2 faithcontender, Dec 17, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 17, 2007
  3. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am leary of any statement that says that only one person is the only hope (other than Christ himself)

I am confident that there are many people who are qualified to do a good job as POUS.

If you want someone to run for office that you agree with 100%, I would recommend you run youself.

Though RP has some good ideals, he is way off base for me.

4. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    My buddy who has the local morning radio talk show read Chuck Baldwin's column on the air this morning. A long time friend of mine called in to praise the column. Then I called in and talked about it(it's nice to be buddies with the host and I can get ten minutes of air time :) ). Another person called in being supportive. Then another person called in to ask where to get more information about Ron Paul.

The first hour of his show was wall-to-wall Ron Paul. :)

I am beginning to wonder if these polls are all wet and that Ron Paul has a real shot at winning the GOP nomination. It would be a wonderful blessing from God if that was to be the case and that on January 20, 2009, Ron Paul was sworn in as our next president.

May it be so, Lord. :praying:

Amen.

#4 KenH, Dec 18, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  5. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Polls can always be manipulated by those in power to make it appear that someone who is not on their puppet strings and is for the American people is doing poorly.

All these people in these now many threads that have raked Ron Paul across the coals, I have to wonder if these same individuals would vote for the likes of Romney or Giuliani if either gets the nomination.

6. Martin

Martin Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    ==To some degree, that is a very true statement. That is why John Adams, who was by no means a conservative Christian, stated that "our constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other" (Oct. 11, 1798).

7. Chessic

Chessic New Member

I think you may be right that he is doing better than the polls show. That would be consistent with past elections.

I am disappointed with his jumping all over Huckabee's Christmas message this week, however, when Huckabee had the courage in today's political climate to mention Jesus Christ. Paul compared him to a fascist.

8. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Here is the actual video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=1CHb8CWw-Q4&loc=interstitialskip

Since Sinclair Lewis was not talking about Mike Huckabee I doubt that Ron Paul was calling Huckabee a fascist. I think that Paul was referring to the idea of using religion as a mechanism for getting votes.

#8 KenH, Dec 18, 2007
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2007
  9. JGrubbs

JGrubbs New Member

Ron Paul didn't call Huckabee a fascist, he was answering Steve Doocy's question about using religion for political purposes, here is the transcript:

STEVE DOOCY: Mike Huckabee has started running an ad in Iowa, where you're at right now, also in New Hampshire and South Carolina, and in the back, it's a windowpane but it also looks a lot like a cross. And, and, we had a guest a little while ago who said it was inappropriate to be using religion for political purposes. Congressman, I'm just curious what you think?

RON PAUL: Well, I haven't thought about it completely, but you know, it reminds me of what Sinclair, uh, Lewis once said, he said 'when Fascism comes to this country, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross.' I don't know whether that's a fair assessment or not, but you wonder about using a cross like he is the only Christian, or implying that subtly. So, uh, I don't think I would ever use anything like that.

10. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

This ignorant statement is reason enough to support the absolute separation of church and state.

11. faithcontender

faithcontender New Member

I believe in separation of church and state. But fundamental morality should not be separated from the government. Morality is not basically from a certain religious group. It is common to all...

12. Ivon Denosovich

Ivon Denosovich New Member

Right on, Magnetic Poles. IMHO, freedom literally IS morality. Only when people are free to be immoral are they then free to chose to be moral. Morality cannot exist without an alternative possibility.

FWIW, the first human civilization, and only utopia to date, was exclusively libertarian thanks to One Bright Feller.

#12 Ivon Denosovich, Dec 19, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2007