1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptacostal

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Maverick, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Maverick

Maverick Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I was a Fighting Independent Fundamental Baptist preacher for 42 years, but now that I am with the AG, I am banned from certain forums. Interesting. Input from others might be good, but whatever. Anyway, there was post about versions. I will post my link here in the others. Being a Maverick, I am used to be alone or of the minority opinion. ;-)

Why the Good Old KJV is Still the Book for Thee

https://www.sermoncentral.com/sermo...n-apologetics-the-bible-55560?ref=SermonSerps

2. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So what doctrines do you now embrace that you did not as a Fundamental Baptist?

God bless.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Kjv is indeed a Bible to use, but it is not the only one to use!
    And I went from being a Pentecostal AG teaching Elder to being now a reformed baptist, so do you hold to the second blessing and tongues now?

4. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Neither believing in tongues or "the second blessing" would make you not a Baptist. Just ask the SBC President.

• Informative Informative x 1
  5. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It all would depend on how far one held to the tongues, for if one held that had to speak in tongues to be even saved, wrong answer, and the second blessing so called is not found in the scriptures themselves.

6. Reynolds

Reynolds Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What "the second blessing" is varies widely depending on exactly which group of Pentacostals you talk to. It seems the belief in Pentecostal circles that one must speak in tongues to be saved has become quite rare.

7. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, usually found in Oneness circles, but he second Blessing , however one defines it, is not found in the bible.

• Agree Agree x 1