1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Baptism in Estonia

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by Crabtownboy, Sep 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Crabtownboy

Crabtownboy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 4
  2. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Looks like a standard Slavic Baptist (EC-B) baptism to me.

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A friend of mine who became a preacher who is now with the Lord was baptized in the Pacific Ocean... I was baptized in the church baptistery, other have been baptized in creeks, rivers and ponds... I guess as long as the subject is immersed, it matters not where one is baptized... Brother Glen:)

Acts 8:35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same scripture, and preached unto him Jesus.

8:36 And as they went on their way, they came unto a certain water: and the eunuch said, See, here is water; what doth hinder me to be baptized?

8:37 And Philip said, If thou believest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered and said, I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.

8:38 And he commanded the chariot to stand still: and they went down both into the water, both Philip and the eunuch; and he baptized him.

8:39 And when they were come up out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the eunuch saw him no more: and he went on his way rejoicing.

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I remember at at new church near Ft Hood, Tx, our pastor saying that since we we had not baptistry - we should consider using a waterhole on Ft Drum for our Baptisms. I remember thinking, we must only baptise in a baptistry!
    Boy, was my theology wrong!

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I sure there are stories of people being baptized in the most unusual places... Maybe some will drop by and tell us some... You said since you had not a baptistry your pastor considered using the waterhole... I guess he did!... Anyway I heard this ditty from a preacher on baptism... If the subject before they are immersed in the baptismal water is not born again before they are immersed... Then they go in a dry devil and come out a wet one... Brother Glen:Biggrin

6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I had PCS back to Germany before our first baptism.

7. Squire Robertsson

Squire Robertsson Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    In a church in Oregon, we used a member's logging pond.

8. TCassidy

TCassidy Late-Administator Emeritus
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    We had a church member in our church in San Diego whose husband was in the Navy. He was not, at the time, saved. He went on a Med cruise (air craft carrier) and while crossing the Atlantic he attended worship services lead by a Southern Baptist Chaplain. He was saved on the trip across the Atlantic.

They put into port in Israel and the Chaplain offered to take a group on a tour of the Holy Land. Our young man went along. When they came to the Jordan River the Chaplain preached a message on the Baptism of Jesus, as best as they could tell, right at this spot. Our young man went forward and submitted to baptism.

When he got home he became one of the most faithful men in our church. He used to joke that he was more baptized than the rest of us a he had been baptized at the very spot Jesus was baptized.

A couple years later he was on a CH-46 off shore in Japan when the Helicopter went down and all on board were lost. What a terrible loss.

But what a testimony the young man had. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.