1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured Baptism in the Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by plain_n_simple, May 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. awaken

awaken Active Member

I am in a Baptist church! Nothing like that goes on in our church!

2. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Oh, but they are the ones that claim to have "the anointing."
    Watch Benny Hinn. He claims to have "the anointing of the Spirit."
    You ask if there is more than one kind of anointing? Ask your Charismatic friends.
    As for Christ, "anointing" simply means "set apart" signifying the beginning of his ministry. Christ is God. He is deity. You can't get any more of God than God is.

3. awaken

awaken Active Member

So I guess it was just a coincidence that Jesus did no miracles until after he was annointed by God!
    You keep telling me to ask my Charismatic friends...does this mean you do not know????

#63 awaken, May 16, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 16, 2013
  4. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Benny Hinn's peculiar anointing:
    More at:
    http://www.deceptioninthechurch.com/hinn.html

Like I suggested "Ask your Charismatic 'friends.'"
    Christ never needed such an anointing--the Charismatic anointing. He was God, and all of God including all of the Spirit that He could possibly have. The fact that the Holy Spirit came upon him was purely symbolic, setting him apart for ministry, declaring publicly that this was the beginning of his ministry. That is all. He could have done miracles before then; he chose not to. It was not the Holy Spirit that gave him the power to do miracles. He was God. He chose not to.

5. awaken

awaken Active Member

I will get my beliefs from the sequence of events in the Bible!
    "When all the people were being baptized, Jesus was baptized too. And as he was praying, heaven was opened and the Holy Spirit descended on him in bodily form like a dove." (Luke 3:21-22)

"You know what has happened throughout Judea, beginning in Galilee after the baptism that John preached-- how God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Spirit and power, and how he went around doing good and healing all who were under the power of the devil, because God was with him." (Acts 10:37-38) It says he was anointed with POWER!

"Now Jesus himself was about thirty years old when he began his ministry." (Luke 3:23)

"Jesus, full of the Holy Spirit, returned from the Jordan and was led by the Spirit in the desert, where for forty days he was tempted by the devil." (Luke 4:1-2) Seems like the Holy Spirit did have part in Jesus life!

"When the devil had finished all this tempting, he left him until an opportune time. Jesus returned to Galilee in the power of the Spirit, and news about him spread through the whole countryside." (Luke 4:13-14)

6. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And so be began his ministry. No big deal.
    I explained this already. I will let someone else do it this time.
    A.T. Robertson has this to say:
    --He charge against you is that you have a low view of "Christology" or a low view of Christ.
    --And your point is??
    Jesus is the second person of the triune Godhead, and the Holy Spirit is the third person of the triune Godhead. Duh! Yes, they are both God. Christ is never without the Holy Spirit. He is God. He was fully man and fully God at the same time.
    And your problem is??

7. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Foist, where in Acts does it say that every time a believer asked/prayed for a miracle, it happened?

What kind of proof are you desiring in place of you not personally witnessing these things?
    Obviously, the best proof of something is witnessing it yourself.

But then, for you, UNBELIEF would raise it's ugly head and say, "Satan did it".

So IMO, for you, der is no proof that would suffice.

And since I'm always right, case closed. LOL

8. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Proverbs 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

9. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    can God be annoited by God?

Jesus was/is God Incarnate, so His "annoiting" was the setting apart to be the sufferent Servant of the Lord in isaiah, NOT that he needed to have the HS to make Him able to do things!

10. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    jesus was in the Will of the father, so he had to wait until his "hour' had come, as John had to come first as his messenger, then he would be ready to start His ministry as the messiah!

11. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Beware of Charismatic Leader Benny Hinn

I know what I believe. Do you know what you believe. You are a Charismatic. Read the above link to find out what you believe.

12. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

Hinn is of the occult. He is disturbed, and so are the nutcases who follow him and go to his services.

13. awaken

awaken Active Member

I do know! I go to the Bible to know what I believe not man!

Your belittling is getting tiresome! Why can't you just discuss the scripture? Is it because the scriptures prove your man made theology wrong?

14. Thomas Helwys

Thomas Helwys New Member

That's all you've got to fall back on, your charge of a man-made theology. But who is holding to that - those of us who believe as the church has always believed, or you and your cohorts who follow the teachings and practices of the two men who invented all this occult-based bull 113 years ago?

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Your charge is "how many different anointings are there?
    I gave you an example of a "Charismatic anointing."
    Is that the kind of anointing you have--a Benny Hinn type anointing?
    That is one kind of anointing that people in Charismatic circles claim to have.
    So you tell me how many kinds of anointing there are.

Did Jesus have the same anointing as Benny Hinn?
    If you answer yes, you are making a blasphemous statement, as Thomas pointed out to that Hinn dabbles in the occult. Did Jesus do that?

Did Jesus have the same anointing you had? Or did you even have one?
    If you did what was it for?

If Jesus "needed" an anointing why did he "need" an anointing? You seem to think that without this so-called anointing he would have been just a man unable to perform any miracle. Your view of Christ is wrong. Jesus never gave up his deity. He was able to perform miracles before his baptism as much as after his baptism. He is God, and always was.

Both his baptism, and "anointing" were purely symbolic. They were to introduce him to the world--to show to the world that this was the beginning of his ministry. He always had power to do miracles. Now he would start performing them. He never gave up his ability to do them.

16. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    We have seen God do a healing, as part of his will, but the question is still there to you...

jesus ALWAYS healed those he said were healed, why can't those with the Gift have same record?

17. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Did jesus NEED the Holy spirit in order to be able to heal and do His miracles?

he said GREATER than those he did, you would be able to do..

Charasmatics take that literally, so how many times at church funeral were the dead raised out of their coffins?

18. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

Da ramblings of a Charismatic lunatic may be perused above @ no charge to da peruser!

19. Yeshua1

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    was the Great Commission given by jesus, and were they charged to go do signs and wonders in his name, or to pronounce forgiveness of sins in his name?

20. evangelist-7

evangelist-7 New Member

“Go therefore and make DISCIPLES of all the nations …
    teaching them to observe ALL things that I have commanded you” (Matt 28:19-20)

Now, you'll need time to figure out what all of this means!

One example of all of the embarrassing goodies is ...
    He commanded them to heal the sick and cast out demons!

Art thou getting the picture yet?
    If not, please rotate da knob until it comes into focus better.

Then also, true disciples are obedient, and they are in tune with the Holy Spirit.
    The Holy Spirit leads the sons of God (see da black below).
    He leads them into believing Jesus' promises, commands, etc.
    Yup, He leads them into all kinds of things!

How could 2 little verses contain so much misunderstood critical info?
    Handy-dandy excuses:
    It's a BIG Bible, I don't hear the Spirit too well, I was taught false doctrines at church, etc.

Da ramblings of a Charismatic lunatic may be perused above @ no charge to da peruser!

#80 evangelist-7, May 17, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.